Sponsored

Gen 3 2.9L Whipple S550 Dyno Results - Video -

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Finally someone who doesn't crank it up to the very limit. Awesome job. That dyno looks great. With all the responses that fuel economy will be about the same, now it is a question of keeping the car in line with all that power with a street tire. Let us know how she handles.

Throw some pics up SW! I wanna see the bronze wheels against that guard Metallic!:headbang:

Here's my pile of junk...
20170317_102903.jpg
The things you must do to make yourself drive her :D:thumbsup:
Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Not a huge fan. At my power level, they were a bit sketchy to drive on. I would recommend going to the Mickey Thompson. I ditched the 20's and went to 17" wheels. i run a 305/45/17 E.T. Street R on the car now and that tire is no joke..
You're making a ton more power than me. I'm just on a stage 2 kit... haven't dynoed it but I'm probably 630-650ish on 91? Maybe?

I'm on stock PP wheels running 275/40/19 MPSS and I can't hook for crap until at least 3rd. Even then it's skechy

New tires are 305/35/19 NT05R... should be an improvement but obviously there is probably better

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=20722]Swedish Meatballs[/MENTION] nice ride man! What size tires are you running? Looks like you about nailed the fitment.

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
@Swedish Meatballs nice ride man! What size tires are you running? Looks like you about nailed the fitment.
Thanks bro!! Am super happy with the stance and fitment. No rubbing issues or anything.

These are 20x10 +35 all around and I'm running 20/35/275 front and 20/35/285 rear. Those Steeda springs really made everything come together nicely. Now I just need better tires since traction is an issue all of a sudden ;)

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
Throw some pics up SW! I wanna see the bronze wheels against that guard Metallic!:headbang:

Here's my pile of junk...
20170317_102903.jpg
Yeah a real junker!!! :)

I like those rims, man - looks great on your ride. Oh and I love the vanity plate!

I have to whip the camera out on a sunny day .. I only have pics when it's overcast and so you can hardly tell the wheels are bronze. This is the best shot I can pull from the archives :)

387766-3819472.jpg

Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
Not a huge fan. At my power level, they were a bit sketchy to drive on. I would recommend going to the Mickey Thompson. I ditched the 20's and went to 17" wheels. i run a 305/45/17 E.T. Street R on the car now and that tire is no joke..
I hear you - the 20"s are sketchy but I really like the look. Hoping I can find a tire that helps first and foremost with traction.

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
Glad you are happy with everything! Its a beautiful car!
Hard not to be happy :)

You might have a firewall issue on the pics - they load just fine on my phone but I can't see them when using the computer. Seen that happen a few times with other posts.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Hard not to be happy :)

You might have a firewall issue on the pics - they load just fine on my phone but I can't see them when using the computer. Seen that happen a few times with other posts.
Hmmm does anyone else have that issue? Ive not seen that before.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
Swedish Meatballs....any fuel upgrades?

Thanks,
Derrick
No sir, it’s the straight up stage 1 kit out of the box, only other upgrade is OPG/CS. Think the kit came with same style injector as the GT350 but am not certain? Anyway did not opt for additional upgrade since this is as far as I’ll take it (and yeah I guess many ppl say that and then go for more boost but I truly mean it ... I think )

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)

dg98gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
No sir, it’s the straight up stage 1 kit out of the box, only other upgrade is OPG/CS. Think the kit came with same style injector as the GT350 but am not certain? Anyway did not opt for additional upgrade since this is as far as I’ll take it (and yeah I guess many ppl say that and then go for more boost but I truly mean it ... I think )

Awesome! My '98 makes about 575rwhp and it's plenty fun. I'm thinking about the STAGE1 Whipple for starters on the '16 and may be happy with that for a long time.....especially if I can make that much with 93 octane and through the MT82 :headbang:. Then later we could always upgrade the fuel system to SAI LI, pulley down, 132mm throttle body, E85 convert and run 850rwhp if it gets boring :cheers:.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Awesome! My '98 makes about 575rwhp and it's plenty fun. I'm thinking about the STAGE1 Whipple for starters on the '16 and may be happy with that for a long time.....especially if I can make that much with 93 octane and through the MT82 :headbang:. Then later we could always upgrade the fuel system to SAI LI, pulley down, 132mm throttle body, E85 convert and run 850rwhp if it gets boring :cheers:.
go for the stage 2... I initially ordered stage 1 but upgraded to stage 2 while I waited for my kit to ship. I got in on the 15% lethal deal and it was only $600 more. Better tune, a lot more power, better TB, injectors etc. It'll cost you a lot more to do the same down the road. It's worth it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
These Whipple kits never stop impressing me. I put one on my 2015 back in February 2015 and have never had an issue. I've driven thousands of miles, done hundreds of mile trips to AM and Ford National shows and it has never stumbled once. I make 800 rwhp and still see north of 20mpg driving like a normal human, how can one complain?

Your car looks mint my friend, love the guard. I originally ordered my 15' in guard but switched to magnetic as it won out for me but guard is beautiful. My only suggestion is maybe eventually stepping up to the Whipple throttle body. I'm not saying get it for more power (which you will get) but the drivability is much better with theirs, its a great improvement.

Enjoy and welcome to the Whipple family :cheers:
Sponsored