Sponsored

RCA from pre amp

Rice Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 15 GT Premium PP
I have a 9 speaker premium system, and I'm adding a simple amp and sub. I've done a lot of reading, but I haven't found my specific answer. I'm at the wiring harness(black) at the amp on the driver's side kick panel. I see some people say solder the rca line in, so this is where I get lost. Do I need to pull out the pins on the molex connecter? If so, how do I remove them without damaging them. Or would using wire taps be better? I picked up some rca y connectors that I will be using.
*Edit-Found a way to connect my RCA wires to the harness without cutting, splicing, soldering, and etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
In the sticky at the top of the page it will give you a molex part number. This is the opposite part for the harness that plugs into the amp. Solder the RCA's into the appropriate pins, then plug the new molex connector into the existing pre amp harness. You will then be left needing to run new speaker wires, since the speaker connections come out of the other side of the amp, and the signal is no longer going to the amp.

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
After having done this over the weekend, Ill leave you my 2 cents. I bough some RF 16 gauge bare wire to RCA plugs. Trying to solder those to the pins was like trying to push a fat girl into a doggy door. I ended up soldering the RF wires directly to the preamp wires down in the kick panel.

Im not an engineer, so correct me if I am wrong. If you were to want to solder directly onto the pins, you would need to do so with much smaller wire, then solder the wire to RCA adapters to the intermediary wires. Someone on here did one through a breadboard that looked like a hell of an idea. It was just way too much thinking for my mind.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Bill and others......look up my JL audio amp thread.What I did was use a breadboard that mounts the plug and gives you copper lands to solder the wires in.

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Bill and others......look up my JL audio amp thread.What I did was use a breadboard that mounts the plug and gives you copper lands to solder the wires in.

Yes, that is what I saw. Way above my level, but looks like amazing work.

Sponsored

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
If you buy the same plug with 90 degree pins, the top row of pins that you need are longer.You can cut them back and spread them if needed.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/346910160_sd.pdf.

If you change the last digit from a 0 to a 1....ie 34690 to 34691 you get a 90* pinout.You can the cut and bend the pins up and solder onto them much easier than using the straight pin.It is really easy for the pre-out plug,as all of the pins are the long one's on the topside.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW