Resonated vs Non Resonated Video

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
any pics of the work done underneath? I assume it's just a cut and replace with straight pipe?
No pics, I left the car at the shop while the work was done and it was off the lift already when I went to pick it up. Just straight pipe welded in.
Sponsored

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
any pics of the work done underneath? I assume it's just a cut and replace with straight pipe?
Here is my pic to show the replacement section........Steve
IMG_0895.JPG

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Here is my pic to show the replacement section........Steve
The guy who did mine took the shield off. Should I have that put back on?

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
The guy who did mine took the shield off. Should I have that put back on?
Ford put them on there so I put them back but the resonators will retain heat unlike the replacement straight pipes......Steve

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No pics, I left the car at the shop while the work was done and it was off the lift already when I went to pick it up. Just straight pipe welded in.
How do you like it?

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
How do you like it?
I really like it. Certainly louder under acceleration than before. Love the crackles when shifting. :D My son had the hugest grin first time he heard it. The guys visiting the exhaust shop begged us to rev as we left. It was almost TOO loud for me. I'm a bit embarrassed by so much attention, but I'll have to adjust. :cool:

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I really like it. Certainly louder under acceleration than before. Love the crackles when shifting. :D My son had the hugest grin first time he heard it. The guys visiting the exhaust shop begged us to rev as we left. It was almost TOO loud for me. I'm a bit embarrassed by so much attention, but I'll have to adjust. :cool:
Strangely I notice I get more attention now too.. I dont know how many thumbs up I got on the way back, and if I drive around people turn their heads consistently. Who knew such a small modification could make such a difference.

Feel anything on the butt dyno? I think the sound is giving me the impression of more power, but im wondering if I am actually feeling it.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Strangely I notice I get more attention now too.. I dont know how many thumbs up I got on the way back, and if I drive around people turn their heads consistently. Who knew such a small modification could make such a difference.

Feel anything on the butt dyno? I think the sound is giving me the impression of more power, but im wondering if I am actually feeling it.
Nothing for me on the butt-dyno. But then I hardly drive it hard enough to notice. It's as loud as my 04 Cobra was when I bought the O/R X-pipe. I love that I won't have to remove the cats to achieve the sound I want! :clap2:

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Thank You guys for all the great info. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Once I heard the sound of the GT350R I was hoping the GT350 would sound the same. Then I found out the R had the resonators deleted. So i was curious what to do, like the questions you answered, like price, welded or clamped back, pipe size, ect. Also the videos and pictures are perfect.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I appreciate the vids, but I can't really tell with cell phone quality audio.

I need to hear someone's car in person first I think. The R I was next to at C&C definitely seemed to have a higher pitch to it but didn't seem any louder but I'm not sure Brodie got on it

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely louder without resonators when you step on the gas! A little lounder at cruise and decel.
Sponsored

Reactions: _M_