Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
but the 5th gen ZL1 had the edge on the road course track.
Just wanted to clarify, no it didn't. the GT500 was consistently faster on road courses than the Camaro, the only issue with the GT500 was that the brakes weren't as confidence inspiring and faded pretty fast

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I agree that the 1LE is probably as fast, if not faster, than a GT350... as the PP2 should also be

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think he's probably correct though. The regular GT350 and SS 1LE are likely very close in performance on a small technical course where the GT350 can't make use of the extra HP.

-T
Also, I agree that the 1LE is probably as fast, if not faster, than a GT350... as the PP2 should also be - given that you are on a smaller road course with lots of turns
Fixed your posts. I don't actually see why anyone except a rabid Camaro fan would think that the Camaro is faster. And I realize that the PP2 will have better tires for a road course, but the GT350 still has an advantage in HP as well as braking over both cars.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Many feel the 1le is close to the gt350 in performance, so giving 350r times and saying it as a gt350 beating the 1le by 3 sec. isn’t accurate. :thumbsup:
Someone claimed the 1LE is faster than the GT350. That H2H data doesn’t exist. I printed the only current data.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Someone claimed the 1LE is faster than the GT350. That H2H data doesn’t exist. I printed the only current data.
Considering you can get an SS 1LE for low $40s new with some haggling, it’s obviously a better value/performance than the GT350. It’s practically on par performance wise. Definitely as fast in a straight line. For bang for the buck shoppers, it’s a no brainer. You’re saving at least $15k in most cases.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Considering you can get an SS 1LE for low $40s new with some haggling, it’s obviously a better value/performance than the GT350. It’s practically on par performance wise. Definitely as fast in a straight line. For bang for the buck shoppers, it’s a no brainer. You’re saving at least $15k in most cases.
Assuming you find both cars equally comfortable and livable.

The Camaro is dramatically less comfortable than any S550 Mustang, including the GT350.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
visibility in the camaro was like my viper, pretty unacceptable for a car that is not like a vette/viper

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Yeah, but it's still a Camaro. :ford:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
We weren’t debating value. A used Vette is still the best bang for the buck performance car buy.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Assuming you find both cars equally comfortable and livable.

The Camaro is dramatically less comfortable than any S550 Mustang, including the GT350.
Dude I have owned and daily driven both and the Camaro is not "dramatically" less comfortable than the s550.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed your posts. I don't actually see why anyone except a rabid Camaro fan would think that the Camaro is faster. Because it's just as fast as the GT350. Roll races between the 2 have shown this. manual for manual, the GT350 would have a VERY small straight line advantage, but not enough to make up for the tire advantage the 1LE or PP2 have And I realize that the PP2 will have better tires for a road course, but the GT350 still has an advantage in HP as well as braking over both cars.Peak horsepower isn't everything, it's about how it makes it. Both the PP2 and 1LE have a broader and more linear power band, so while it may not make more peak power than the GT350, it'll probably make close to the same average horsepower in the top 3000 RPM or so. braking is fair, definitely better than either car. Still don't think it's enough to make it significantly faster than either of the cars, though
Red

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Dude I have owned and daily driven both and the Camaro is not "dramatically" less comfortable than the s550.
Yeah I drive/sat in an 18 Premium Mustang and a 17 2SS. In terms of comfort they are on par. Mustang has an edge in visibility (but not as drastic as people claim) and just overall functionality. The HUD in the Camaro is pretty cool. The Mustang, to me, has better overall design and ergonomics but the Camaro is more modern looking on the interior whereas the Mustang tries to use a mix of modern and retro sryling. 2SS with magride is a sweet ride though.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Bullshit, yes it is.

You either have to lower your seat virtually to the floor and all the way back to give yourself any kind of head room and comfort if you're over about 5'9 or so. At that point to rest your arm on the door top you're perching it up at some unnatural angle.

If you're shorter, like my wife is (5'5") you have to jack the seat up to see over the dash, at which point your head is restricted due to the roofline and you're still out of a proper ergonomic position.

I'm 6'3 and the Camaro is not a comfortable car, period. Is it a good performer? Yeah of course it is..but the performance is irrelevant if it's a bitch to be in.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The Camaro has padded armrest areas on the door where you can rest your arm.elbow. I'm not 6'3 but I'm 5'11" and I never felt compromised or uncomfortable with arm placement. I'm not sure I could even rest my arms on the top of the Mustang door either (would also be a strange angle). Your a bigger guy so I could see where the Camaro feels more restrictive but for most people I don't see the differences being drastic.
Sponsored