Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Here is a clean way to get rca cables from the factory harness without cutting and splicing anything.All parts are sourced from mouser electronics.
First,you need a molex 34691-0160.It has 90* pins that are longer.
34691-0160 (Custom).jpg

You can cut off the bottom row,as we only need the long top one's.
Pinstraight (Custom).jpg

Next ,strip back your rca cables and tin the ends.My amp is in the stock location so I am using male ends.You guys may have amps in the rear,so you use a female end cable to attach to what you ran from the back.
Stripped (Custom).jpg

We are going to use the same pin from molex that goes in the male side of the plug.Part #34803-3212.
Crimped (Custom).jpg

Crimper (Custom).jpg
This is a $25 crimper from ebay.
Solder the pin on after crimping.Do not get solder up in the slot where the pin goes.
Next,shrink sleeve the pins with 1/8" tubing leaving about 1/16" exposed.
Shrinked (Custom).jpg

This leaves some of the pin exposed to solder after the are installed.I braided the bundle to make it neat.
Braided2 (Custom).jpg

Next is install the plugs on the pins.
Pins (Custom).jpg

After you verify they are correct,solder the bare end.It does not need alot.It will also keep the pins from pulling apart.Forgot to take a picture of that part.I then coated the assembly with liquid electric tape.
Liquidtape (Custom).jpg

Then shrunk a piece of 1 1/4" shrink tubing over the plug.
Shrinked2 (Custom).jpg

Hope this helps some of you guys doing your own installs.Plug and play!
Sponsored

Attachments

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nice work!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Racemaster

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Great write up! This is so much cleaner than cutting and soldering RCA's.

Would you happen to know the part number of the male plug for the factory amp and the female plug for the factory harness?

I'd like to make a harness with RCA outputs for a sub only. It would just go between the factory amp and factory wiring harness so the factory amp still powers the speakers.

OP
OP
Racemaster

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
The male plug is a molex 34729-0160.The pins I listed here,along with the female plug.

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! The male plug is out of stock at mouser electronics, est ship date is 3/17. If everything works out I will make a diy thread!

OP
OP
Racemaster

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Digi-key has them in stock,I usually buy from mouser,but sometimes I hit digi-key if they are out of stock.You could take my idea of the breakout box and add in a set of rca jacks for you sub.
Breakoutbox2 (Custom).jpg

Breakoutbox3 (Custom).jpg

This has all the speaker wires,and the factory turn-on.;)

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Here is a clean way to get rca cables from the factory harness without cutting and splicing anything.All parts are sourced from mouser electronics.

You can cut off the bottom row,as we only need the long top one's.
Pinstraight (Custom).jpg

Hope this helps some of you guys doing your own installs.Plug and play!
You don't specifically state it, but it looks pretty clear that you've modified the molex pins by straightening the longer ones as well as cutting off the shorter ones. Is that accurate?

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
With the factory system, I've been told that the ACM has to be "bypassed" as it limits the factory stereo to 25 WATTS output and therefore any aftermarket Amp you install will also be limited and cannot supply full power. Any thoughts on how to bypass or shut it off?

here is the video from the guy who says he has the programmers and was going to sell me it and a wiring harness for $150. , but he's disappeared :(

[ame]

Last edited:

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the factory system, I read that the ACM has to be "bypassed" as it limits the factory stereo to 25 amps and therefore any aftermarket Amp you install will also be limited and cannot supply full power. Any thoughts on how to bypass or shut it off?
That just tells me the factory amp is limited to 300 watts.
(12v)(25amps)=300 watts

I'm no expert but I don't see how the ACM could limit power draw from an external aftermarket component. Unless I am misunderstanding your question?

Sponsored

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
That just tells me the factory amp is limited to 300 watts.
(12v)(25amps)=300 watts

I'm no expert but I don't see how the ACM could limit power draw from an external aftermarket component. Unless I am misunderstanding your question?
I'm sorry, I meant 25Watts output (not amps). Which is what the factory speakers have printed on them. I've replaced with JBL's that handle 250 watts 4u. If you go to this guy OEM Radio Solutions on youtube, he explains it and he has something you plug into the port to disable the ACM. Problem is, he's disappeared and won't answer emails now so I'm stuck.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I read he accidentally posted his phone number somewhere. Easy to imagine the fiasco from there. I think he's still around though, just not as much.

OP
OP
Racemaster

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
If your not changing the amp,then you do not need the harness.The changes to the ACM are only for aftermarket equipment,not the factory setup.Once you bypass the factory amp,the head unit will pass full range signals.The ACM only needs to be modified to eliminate the high and low roll off of the signals that you would be feeding to a quality amp.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Jesse isn't on here that often, but he can still be reached via email [email protected] be patient waiting on a response.........

Yea I read he accidentally posted his phone number somewhere. Easy to imagine the fiasco from there. I think he's still around though, just not as much.
he put it on facebook, but I do not believe it was a mistake, he meant to do it, just realized it was a mistake after doing so lol

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
shenoy
if you have the factory amp, you can do the harness mods as posted here to send signal to an aftermarket , higher power amp to power your 250W speakers. bypassing the factory amp. if you want even better audio , you can use OEMradios module that flattens this signal. If you have a non amp system, then you can use OEM's harness to connect powered signal to the signal level inputs of an aftermarket amp. if you again use his module, it will flatten and also put its output to low level, to use RCA inputs on your amp, a cleaner signal.

OEMradio has more demand that he can supply right now, so he is busy trying to meet this demand and get caught up with requests.....

hope this helps

Ramb
Sponsored