Sponsored

MY18 taillight swap

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Has anybody here looked into a MY16/17 to My18 taillight and centre panel swap. I can't believe how much a simple change like that has improved the rear look, to my eyes. Some are spending big bucks on tribar LEDs, illegal sequentials, ripping lights apart etc.......I think this seemingly simple mod, would make more visual difference. Opinions? Cost?
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Unlike the front which continues to grow on me, liked the MY 18 rear from day 1.
I'll keep mine stock, still love it.
Faux petrol cap is homage to 60s heritage.
Do they retain that for RHD markets?

Like "C" shape tail lights, quad exhaust and dark rear lower valance.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Unlike the front which continues to grow on me, liked the MY 18 rear from day 1.
I'll keep mine stock, still love it.
Faux petrol cap is homage to 60s heritage.
Do they retain that for RHD markets?

Like "C" shape tail lights, quad exhaust and dark rear lower valance.
I thought they pretty much nailed the rear on MY18 over MY16/17 straight away and that front has now grown on me to. Bonnet vents in particular. LED headlights and tri-bars are bonus to. I guess those LED low beams will be much better than our weak/low lumen HID low beams.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It's all interchangeable, but the '18 tail lights would be ridiculously expensive (unless you could find someone with an '18 willing to swap for a pair of '16-'17's - highly unlikely).

I still have an (unopened) '16 US GT deck lid panel from NewTakeOff which I ultimately didn't fit and will probably flog at some stage.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
It's all interchangeable, but the '18 tail lights would be ridiculously expensive (unless you could find someone with an '18 willing to swap for a pair of '16-'17's - highly unlikely).

I still have an (unopened) '16 US GT deck lid panel from NewTakeOff which I ultimately didn't fit and will probably flog at some stage.
I guess you would get some money back for used perfect taillights and panel. Lots of rear end collisions. I wonder weather it would be a straight plug and play change.
Sponsored