Best and worse mod on your car

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Did you use the aluminum or poly inserts?
Poly.... the red ones. They were in a week and I couldn’t wait to get them out.
Sponsored

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Best- painted stripes, springs, cdc outlaws,tri bars. Hard to choose one really. Could be trumped by the ram air hood going on as we speak though. Worst- hood vents and the steeda tri ax short shifter. What a piece of shit that is!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Best- Gt350r steering wheel and gear knob. These are the bits you touch constantly under all driving conditions and they just give it a much more premium feeling that’s lacking in the showroom spec.

Second best- Engine tune was the most noticeable performance improvement with no apparent down sides.

Worst - lowering springs. They are still good but they did take some getting used to and they have a downside unlike the other mods. Made it less of a comfortable motorway cruiser. However I wouldn’t take them off as I prefer the slightly lower look and handling.

Dell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Shadow Black
Best : BMR CB005 - Made a huge difference to the unnervingly floaty back end.
Worst : Boot lid pull strap - Manders said the plastic clip would never hold , and of course he was right.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Worst : Boot lid pull strap - Manders said the plastic clip would never hold , and of course he was right.
:ninja::ninja:

Was it one of [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] 's if so he'll send you another plug, if it was one of stangNz's one, it was never gonna work. Tony's on mine so far has been fine, and he'll be first to admit I'm a bit heavy handed with it lol.

Dell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Shadow Black
:ninja::ninja:

Was it one of @Centurion07 's if so he'll send you another plug, if it was one of stangNz's one, it was never gonna work. Tony's on mine so far has been fine, and he'll be first to admit I'm a bit heavy handed with it lol.

I think it was stangNZ , it came with two clips and after the first one broke the strap is just an ornament.
I didn't realise there was a better fix out there , I'll look into that.
Cheers

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was stangNZ , it came with two clips and after the first one broke the strap is just an ornament.
I didn't realise there was a better fix out there , I'll look into that.
Cheers

Yeah, too much force exerted on it.
[MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] will sort you out with a strap (think they're around 10-15 quid or something). Come in different colours but the "Holder" actually holds, his instructions say "cut" a slither off the plastic, but I've found them easy enough to line up with the hole and rubber mallet tap them in, then fit the screw and plastic washer. Use mine pretty much every day and it's been fine. I had my previous clip break however that was because I'd cut it too thin, without cutting it, few months on (Got it just before modurstang in june/july last year) it's been fine since :)!

Dell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Shadow Black
Yeah, too much force exerted on it.
@Centurion07 will sort you out with a strap (think they're around 10-15 quid or something). Come in different colours but the "Holder" actually holds, his instructions say "cut" a slither off the plastic, but I've found them easy enough to line up with the hole and rubber mallet tap them in, then fit the screw and plastic washer. Use mine pretty much every day and it's been fine. I had my previous clip break however that was because I'd cut it too thin, without cutting it, few months on (Got it just before modurstang in june/july last year) it's been fine since :)!
:cheers:

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Best- painted stripes, springs, cdc outlaws,tri bars. Hard to choose one really. Could be trumped by the ram air hood going on as we speak though. Worst- hood vents and the steeda tri ax short shifter. What a piece of shit that is!
Curious to know what issues you had with the TriAx shifter - we fitted our first one last week and the customer loves it. Admittedly it took us a while to work out the best way to fit it so that the reverse collar doesn't hook up but once we'd sorted that out it seems to do the job (of being shorter than stock) quite well.

Sponsored

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Brilliant thread. Subscribing.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
favourite - by far the wheels/brakes combo :headbang:

20180210_131524.jpg

least favourite - smoked taillights. don't get me wrong they look good, sometimes, but other times i think they look tacky.

20180201_1446341.jpg

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Well..worst mod is the twisted shifterz manual shift knob. Way too light and not threaded/counterbored deep enough. When it threads on far enough to hide gap the reverse collar not functional. .
My best mod is still the pedalmax. Like having a throttle cable again. Reminiscent of old fox body days. Stab it and smoke em. Was very close to selling before this one. Thought the s550 was bottom end lame..f ing computer crap...

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Best mod: GO start button vinyl sticker.
OK, I know it adds weight to the car, but it also adds approx 40mph to the top end.
IMG_3554 copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: