Sponsored

Insurance issues (UK)

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
Essentially looking to buy a GT to replace my daily driver, been looking at prices and everything. It was only recently I realised oh wait a minute it's a 5L V8, I'm going to get humped on insurance. So ran a few quotes through on the rat comparison website and the cheapest quotes I got were around 1k. Now my current daily driver costs me around 400 and my second car already costs me 1.5k so this will be a big price jump for my daily. I was wondering if there were any young guys here driving a GT; roughly what they are paying for insurance and if independent brokers are better in this situation.

Cheers :cheers:
Sponsored

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What's "younger"? I'm mid 30's and paying $50/mo for a GT. Was quoted about the same from a few places.

OP
OP

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
It's all stored overnight in locked garage etc.
No claims/convictions will be taking over 4 years no claims

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
£240 for me though I feel its an unfair comparison age for once is on my side.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just turned 31, renewed in Dec 2017 with Admiral - i also have my Fiesta with them. Accident in oct 2015, but still a reasonable £650 ish for the Stang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's all stored overnight in locked garage etc.
No claims/convictions will be taking over 4 years no claims
V8 (checked quote, all quotes at c4k miles)
21, 1 year NCD - c£4k

EB
21, 1 year NCD - £801 (£0 excess)
22, 2 year NCD - £940 (£500 excess)
23 - TBC -

A lot comes down to miles, location stored (drive is always cheaper than locked garage for some reason), location of house. :thumbsup:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I took delivery of my GT when I was 26 and I declared two mods right out of the gate (Exhaust and GT350 Steering Wheel, both were pretty much day 1 additions). I paid £600-ish with NCD protection and Legal Cover direct from eSure. Operative word here being direct, it was also over the phone.

FWIW, though, I've been driving since 19 so I already had 7 years NCD under my belt.

I'm now 28 and I've just been quoted £727 with a bone stock car. Granted, my circumstances (including job) have now changed (and many Mustangs have crashed since I had mine) so its unsurprising, but there it is for reference. :)

Sponsored

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I found success with Admiral Multi-Car, but only if I added our Santa Fe family car to the policy too (when that family car policy expires, it renews with Admiral for a couple of months until the Mustang policy is up, then they're both due together). Mustang alone with Admiral wasn't very competitive.
£320 for Mustang GT (with typical mods of exhaust, springs, wheels declared on their checklist). 32/Male - Zero no claims on this car because they are in use on my other policy (but the multi-car thing must effectively share them across all your vehicles, judging by the huge price difference compared to insuring it alone)

Other companies to check out that spring up a lot in discussions are A-Plan and Adrian Flux.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
GEICO
15 Mustang Ecoboost
No accidents at fault/No tickets
Licensed since I was 18
Full coverage - $1,000 deductible for comprehensive and collision
Liability - $300k/300k - $100k property damage (higher than usual coverage in liability)

Paying $100 flat a month but found that progressive could save me $10 or so a month so I am considering switching again. Either way, look around as much as you can as it will be worth it. I know yours is a GT but my quote for a GT was almost identical.

I used to have State Farm (always go in person if you want to get a cheap quote there), and was paying $140 with renters included and same collision/comprehensive and lower liability. One day I decided to check GEICO and price dropped to $90 per month with better coverage and renters included (I had a different car).

Bottom line, check every single online quote tool and try to go in person if possible to get a better quote.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Edited the post title to say UK specific!