Gyrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gy
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG & California Special Convertible
Looking for some help please guys :)

I collect my RR MY2018 in late April and want the car to go straight to a detailers for a proper prep (sorry Aaron ;) )

Having researched this in some detail (no pun intended), I'm looking for Gtechniq (or equivalent if there is) finish and am willing to pay for the car to be worked on for a few days if that's what it needs to get the very best prep/protection.

The dealership is in Nottingham, but if necessary I'm willing to transport the car to find the best outfit.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions/pointers :thumbsup:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
don't know about any places close to you but me and wolfman take all our cars out to Nick at clean detail in Doncaster

Sponsored

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you fancy a weekend to yourself then I did a write up on mine when I got it... https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55128
That is an epic thread...flicked back to it many times. I first read through it thinking "ahh, only about 50% of that is relevant to me & my process". I'm now at 90%!

Got ÂŁ260 worth of Adams Polishes goodies in the online basket right now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Going to do a full 2 day session as you have done as soon as the weather is good enough. Not used any sealants on mine to date, so that's anew thing for me. Although, I'm only looking to seal the paint, not the wheels/glass.

Heard that claying the glass is a good way to get it super clean, rather than a polish? I always struggle to shift some old dried on hard water - never have been able to get rid of it!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That is an epic thread...flicked back to it many times. I first read through it thinking "ahh, only about 50% of that is relevant to me & my process". I'm now at 90%!

Got ÂŁ260 worth of Adams Polishes goodies in the online basket right now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Going to do a full 2 day session as you have done as soon as the weather is good enough. Not used any sealants on mine to date, so that's anew thing for me. Although, I'm only looking to seal the paint, not the wheels/glass.

Heard that claying the glass is a good way to get it super clean, rather than a polish? I always struggle to shift some old dried on hard water - never have been able to get rid of it!
https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ one of the cheapest places around for most of the things

Sponsored

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard

Ah mate that's great to hear. It's an expensive addiction isn't it?! I had it coated (G techniq) by a mate who did some light polishing last year, it didn't really last as long as I'd hoped as it was left outside every day. Now I got an outdoor cover, it's going to be a lot cleaner!
As for the glass, I found with my Audi glass it was a bugger to get it stripped back. If I were you, give the guys at Polished Bliss a call. As the glass isn't brand new you may need some products to work the glass before you seal. The G techniq nano polish is really good though, brings loads out. You also can't beat a good old-fashioned vinegar solution too! Now we got to see your car in all it's glory??

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ah mate that's great to hear. It's an expensive addiction isn't it?! I had it coated (G techniq) by a mate who did some light polishing last year, it didn't really last as long as I'd hoped as it was left outside every day. Now I got an outdoor cover, it's going to be a lot cleaner!
As for the glass, I found with my Audi glass it was a bugger to get it stripped back. If I were you, give the guys at Polished Bliss a call. As the glass isn't brand new you may need some products to work the glass before you seal. The G techniq nano polish is really good though, brings loads out. You also can't beat a good old-fashioned vinegar solution too! Now we got to see your car in all it's glory??
Well, expensive yes, but I get a lot of joy out of it :D so it's good value in my eyes.

Thanks for the tip - will call around. There is a good detailers close to where I work so I may let them see to the windows...seen a lot of suggestions of vinegar but can't bring myself to put vinegar on my car :lol:

Fun story - the lady at the petrol station complemented me on how clean the Mustang was on Sunady as I was paying, asked me if I cleaned it myself. Couldn't help but think it's fucking filthy :lol: #highstandards

Will get some good photos when I eventually do a detail session. Need to approach Adams Polishes and see if they are willing to give me a decent discount/freebies as I will be placing a large order very soon :ninja:

:cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Fun story - the lady at the petrol station complemented me on how clean the Mustang was on Sunady as I was paying, asked me if I cleaned it myself. Couldn't help but think it's fucking filthy :lol: #highstandards
[MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] said the same to me at the dyno day, and I thought the exact same "she's fking filthy!" :lol:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ordered my Adams Polishes stuff last night. My 10% discount got me ÂŁ26 off :eyebulge: got all sorts of stuff coming :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I can recommend Driveby Detailing if close or around the Stoke area, he has done both my M3 and Jaguar. Prices are very fair, you can wait whilst he does it, even help out if you wish. :)

https://www.facebook.com/drivebydetailinguk/

Quality of his work is nothing short of fantastic, for a full paint correction (swirl, hologram, marring, scratches removal) and paint enhancement (sealant, gloss and wax) he charges ÂŁ250 for a car, which considering its a 15-24 labour intensive job is great value.

We did mine in a day, M3 took 15hr and Jag 13hr, he did the polishing and paint correction whilst I did the applying of waxes, wheel sealing, glass and interior to help speed things up.

He is very OCD, but that is what you want when it comes to paint correction. :)
Sponsored