Sponsored

Last Ditch Attempt to sell those MY15-17's!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just got this email from Ford;

cracking offer for anyone looking to buy.

The final push before Ford UK pull their finger out and ramp up for the '18.
ford.JPG
Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
So total cost over 3 years is ÂŁ38,690, not a huge saving but not having to pay interest is a big bonus.

Still surprised Ford is stuggling to shift the last of the MY17s. After demand being much greater than supply for such a long time, demand seems to have just dropped off totally.

I know everyone will cite the impending launch of the MY18, but the MY18 is really at a different price point. I couldn't afford a MY18, even if I hadn't bought my MY17.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That is a cracking deal tbh if you can save up the 6k deposit :) and I'd still rather have that over an 18 :)

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
This offer made me sign up to this form haha.
I've been contemplating buying a Mustang for a while now but never pulled the trigger on one. This offer reeled me in (think it has been running for months now).
However it does make me suspicious- I never liked 0% APR offers because that usually means not much wiggle room on the price. I appreciate Mustang's aren't depreciating much but reckon their value will obviously take a small hit once the face lift model is out.
Has anyone bought the car on this offer? I'm still in two minds whether to take the plunge or not (plus the facelift isn't my cup of tea).

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
there's no wiggle room on price regardless of this deal or not most i've seen anyone get off so far was about 500 quid not really worth the time arguing over

Sponsored

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
Fair enough. I was just thinking with this kind of offer they are really wanting to shift their stock, might be worth a look before mid march incase they want to shift some 67 plates.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
If they don’t reduce the purchase price, maybe a bit of haggling on servicing and warranty extension.... hopefully by next month I should have a deal sorted.

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
You can also see if they want to offer any extras.
Let me know how it goes.
PS. GT in Aberdeenshire? My only issue was using it as a daily driver down here in Glasgow winters ha.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
You can also see if they want to offer any extras.
Let me know how it goes.
PS. GT in Aberdeenshire? My only issue was using it as a daily driver down here in Glasgow winters ha.
Mine won’t be a daily driver.....and will be parked up for the winter.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
there's no wiggle room on price regardless of this deal or not most i've seen anyone get off so far was about 500 quid not really worth the time arguing over
Not trying hard enough, can easily get ÂŁ2K off without trying too hard. Deals out there to be done. :cheers:

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Not trying hard enough, can easily get ÂŁ2K off without trying too hard. Deals out there to be done. :cheers:
Well speaking from experience..(i dont like paying full price for anything!)
and buying mine just over a month ago, i can assure you it was bloody hard work!..:crazy:

Most dealers were not playing ball at all... But persevered and saved over ÂŁ2k in the end..Had to travel though.!!
However things change quickly in the car sales world so maybe a bit easier now?
For those `hanging on`for financial reasons i can understand..although a ÂŁ1k deposit down would secure the car of your choice i would of thought..and wait a month.. :ninja::ninja:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This offer made me sign up to this form haha.
I've been contemplating buying a Mustang for a while now but never pulled the trigger on one. This offer reeled me in (think it has been running for months now).
However it does make me suspicious- I never liked 0% APR offers because that usually means not much wiggle room on the price. I appreciate Mustang's aren't depreciating much but reckon their value will obviously take a small hit once the face lift model is out.
Has anyone bought the car on this offer? I'm still in two minds whether to take the plunge or not (plus the facelift isn't my cup of tea).
:welcome:

Don’t dilly dally, get that deposit down! ;)

Personally, i think there will be a little wiggle room if you’re good at haggling. Maybe call around and see what’s in stock and what different dealerships are willing to throw in to the deal.

If not, you’re still getting a great deal. You won’t regret it, worth every penny.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Last time I looked there were unregistered Mustangs being sold by dealers on ebay for ÂŁ3000 off list. The finance offer is from Ford UK (rather than the dealer), so you may well be able to get discount AND 0% finance as the 0% Ford offer won't affect the dealer in the slightest.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I actually think that once the '18's start to arrive in the showrooms they're gonna help shift the remaining stock of new '17s and used '15-'17's. The bulk of the first batch of RHD production since Job 1 on the 18's is allocated to the dealers for demonstration, with a more limited number being early order customers' cars, and dealers do like to have fully specced versions on the lots (especially with premium vehicles) as it's easier to sell a product if they've got it and the customer can experience it, rather than not have it.

So there's gonna be two price points of around ÂŁ28-38K for used/new '15-'17's and then a jump to ÂŁ48K for new '18's visible to buyers visiting any dealer, which is a considerable difference... plus of course there's the long lead time to throw in on the '18 together with the noticeable difference in front end appearance. To many, this now visible saving together with the fact they can drive a Mustang off the lot with no wait will swing some buyers (IMO of course) as it will make the used/new 15-17's look like bloody good value, and hence why I think Ford are only offering the zero percent options deal until 31st March, which is just about when they're expecting the first demonstrator '18's to arrive.

I'd love to be wrong of course... as if Ford were to start lopping ÂŁ6K plus off a new '17 I'd be seriously tempted to grab one, space frame the front end, fit Hellion twin turbos or a 2.9 litre Whipple and uprate the associated kit to suit, and slam a totally obscene wide body conversion on it... otherwise I'll just hold on and wait for a good used '15-'16 in a couple of years time that someone's desperate to get rid of!

Last edited:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
if Ford were to start lopping ÂŁ6K plus off a new '17 I'd be seriously tempted to grab one
Me too, I’m still hanging in there but I’ve got a deposit on an AMG C43 arriving in April. Still undecided and it depends what they offer me for my boxster. If it’s silly money I’ll probably not complete on it although I am getting a discount of £6k.

Could maybe stick with the boxster and look for a used 17 for about ÂŁ30k September or a new 17 for about ÂŁ35k maybe and a new Harley in September :D or go back to a new 19 in a few months for September delivery

I do a lot of miles so a second used 17 for weekends might be a good idea :confused:
Sponsored