Sponsored

Is the extended 5 year warranty worth it?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It’s a no brainier that, took it out when I bought it, well worth the money and would make a big difference if you sold it a couple of years, also gives you pieces of mind, had no problems with any warranty work carried out on mine :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car was way more modified than yours, never had any issues with any claims. :)
Same here, no issues as of yet. If clutch goes I maybe in for a hard one, but generally, most stuff ford have been great with, only discrepancy is underseal. It does seem to be "who" you get. which is sh1te.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Even more of a no brainer when it was £540 for 5 year warranty

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, is this 5yrs ON TOP of the 3 or is it just for an extra 2 totalling 5?
my reading is it takes it from 3 to 5. so it's +2 years. if it's +5 (8 total) would be a fair shout.

Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Do you have to purchase the extra 2 years at new or can you add it on say up to one year old?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Do you have to purchase the extra 2 years at new or can you add it on say up to one year old?
It had to be from new i believe, unlike the servicing which could be anytime before the first service was due.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
It had to be from new i believe, unlike the servicing which could be anytime before the first service was due.

It wasn't available/offered when I bought mine. I asked a few months later and was told by the dealer that there's no rush and to wait until the 3 years was nearly up, then take it out. Other than the fact that the cost seems to have gone up significantly, I may have been given duff info on this.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I've always found the warranty extensions to be a great USP when selling, and if I'm not selling then I can sleep relatively peacefully and without worry for 5 years... win/win!

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
It wasn't available/offered when I bought mine. I asked a few months later and was told by the dealer that there's no rush and to wait until the 3 years was nearly up, then take it out. Other than the fact that the cost seems to have gone up significantly, I may have been given duff info on this.
I was in the same situation and when it became available I asked my dealer if I could add it. The terms and conditions state that it must be purchased before the date of first registration so I asked the dealer if it could be taken out later since it was not available initially. The system wouldn't allow him to sell it, damn computers, so I asked him to investigate but no answer ever came which was a bit strange because he was always keen to sell extras.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
I've always found the warranty extensions to be a great USP when selling, and if I'm not selling then I can sleep relatively peacefully and without worry for 5 years... win/win!
Agreed on both counts .. its a no brainer to me given current parts and labour costs on late model stuff. You buy a new car and before you know its 2 years old and you're counting down the last 12 months of warranty before being out on you're own with it. What would something like an oil cooler replacement and associated work cost at a main dealer on a 5.0 if you had to pay for it yourself if outside of warranty in year 4 of 5 ?