Sponsored

Quad exhaust

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
It’s like Xmas in January. Just ordered my new Ford Performance cat back quad tip exhaust and GT350 valance. A busy weekend coming up for me :headbang:
Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Cool story.

We have a bragging thread already you should use that

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
It’s like Xmas in January. Just ordered my new Ford Performance cat back quad tip exhaust and GT350 valance. A busy weekend coming up for me :headbang:
Just done this job myself..:) Not sure if you’ve seen the CJ pony video but well worth watching for a few tips....

BUT and it’s a big BUT, I did mine without removing the rear bumper:thumbsup:

Remove the rear wheels, and undo a few small bolts on either side, and pull all the pushpins out, then remove the reversing/fog light, and you should be able to carefully pull away the old bottom valance..... takes a bit of tugging and pulling, but once a few clips have come free the rest pull out quite easily....

I did the cut of the rear diffuser with the bumper on the car, and then fitted the new valance...

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
Just done this job myself..:) Not sure if you’ve seen the CJ pony video but well worth watching for a few tips....

Remove the rear wheels, and undo a few small bolts on either side, and pull all the pushpins out, then remove the reversing/fog light, and you should be able to carefully pull away the old bottom valance..... takes a bit of tugging and pulling, but once a few clips have come free the rest pull out quite easily....

I did the cut of the rear diffuser with the bumper on the car, and then fitted the new valance...

Same here. No need to remove the bumper. I backed up on ramps and had all the access I needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pagey

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof

Thanks for the info. That was my plan as well.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Good job

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That's the sweetest looking rear end I've seen in a while [MENTION=30359]Pagey[/MENTION]!

I would have so gone for Grabber had it been available when I ordered.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Awesome quads! I can't wait to get mine done very soon with the full Hurricane 3" exhaust (with quad tips) and GT350 valance :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Hey how much gap did you end up with on the valance? Directly above the pipes you can see a fair gap on mine in the photo. Also on the sides
Non as far as I can tell:).... zooming in on your pic it looks like the valance hasn’t “clipped” fully home.

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
Hi Pagey & Enoch
just a tip paint the back of the muffler and pipes black and inside the chrome rings of the valance finishes it off
cheers tim
Sponsored