Sponsored

Streetfighter Engine Oil Cooler Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Thumbs up for the Aussie alternative, I,m guessing the kit wont be cheap,,,then again neither is replacing an engine or worst a BBQ,d Pony, Ive started putting dosh aside each payday so when it becomes available it wont hurt my back pocket too much.:thumbsup:
Mishimoto are bringing out first party RHD parts from what I read from a distributer here.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Interesting.

Mustang Motorsports sells the Mishimoto kit now. They were cagey about how it fitted to RHD cars - the website photos are of the LHD kit - but they were adamant they have fitted them and they're fine so they must have a similar way of adapting the kit.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Need this kit out yesterday lol

Need pricing etc otherwise I might as well get a full custom job done

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ford should be taking responsibility for this issue rather than consumers having to shell out for an aftermarket solution.

If this part fails outside of warranty and Ford play hardball, the potential cost of repair could be many thousands of dollars.

Same goes for the air conditioning problems.

Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Warranty expiry does not excuse the dealer from their obligation.

Consumer guarantees on products and services from ACCC website, also same on NSW Dept Fair Trade

Consumer guarantees on products and services

Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.

Businesses must guarantee products and services they sell, hire or lease for:

under $40 000
over $40 000 that are normally bought for personal or household use.
Business vehicles and trailers are also covered, irrespective of cost, provided they are used mainly to transport goods.

Businesses must provide these automatic guarantees regardless of any other warranties they give to you or sell you.

If a business fails to deliver any of these guarantees, you have consumer rights for:

repair, replacement or refund
cancelling a service
compensation for damages & loss.

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

1. safe, lasting, with no faults
  2. look acceptable
  3. do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.

Products

You can claim a remedy from the retailer if the products do not meet any one or more of the consumer guarantees, with the exception of availability of spare parts and repair facilities.

The remedies you can seek from the retailer who sold you the product include a repair, replacement, or refund and in some cases compensation for damages and loss.

The retailer canā€™t refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer.

You can claim a remedy directly from the manufacturer or importer if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees:

acceptable quality
matching description
any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality
repairs and spare parts - the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumerā€™s goods) are available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise. How long is ā€˜reasonableā€™ will depend on the type of product.
You are only entitled to recover costs from a manufacturer or importer, which include an amount for reduction in the productā€™s value and in some cases compensation for damages or loss.

A car and its components should last a lot longer than the 3 year warranty period so dealer has obligations as the supplier of goods and services beyond the manufacturer warranty.
You can also seek compensation from the manufacturer.

I went through this recently where a wheel supplier initially refused to replace wheels that the manufacturer would not cover as a manufacturing defect. The supplier eventually agreed to replace the wheels irrespective of the manufacturers position as is their legal obligation as the supplier of the goods and service.

Suppliers cannot hide behind manufacturers warranties to avoid meeting their obligations, and manufacturers have obligations beyond the stated warranty period if the goods are not of an acceptable quality.

Based on the type and product and cost a car or a major/critical component should be reasonably expected to last for a period significantly longer than the stated warranty period.

www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Correct me if I am wrong but is it true that most of the failures have been on cars with full exhausts?

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Think itā€™s random.

But I would think stock headers would be more common, as very few people have full exhausts.

But depends I guess on the unit I have full exhaust 21k on clock Iā€™ve done 14k with full exhaust no issues.

A mate of mine 8k stock exhaust boom oil cooler gave out.
So like I said random but I would think more stock given the number of people who have aftermarket.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
If it's a known fault, and Ford do have a TSB for this issue, they have to fix it even after warranty period/km expires.

In the U.K. Forum some cars had catback exhausts fitted, others didn't, but all were fixed. Some guys had more hassles than others with dealers, maybe due to mods, but all were fixed.

Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
If it's a known fault, and Ford do have a TSB for this issue, they have to fix it even after warranty period/km expires.
All I ask is that this statement be recognized by Ford or Ford Australia in writing. Or is there a law somewhere that I can wave in their face if the issue occurs?
An engine failure outside warranty, 2000km from home, is what? $20,000???

Apologies to Streetfighter for thread jacking.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm mainly considering one because if mine fails I fully expect that Ford will flush the engine rather as they do in the UK, rather than replace it as per the TSB. I don't want an engine that's had oil and water mix internally. The flushing trick may work fine but we won't know until affected cars get considerable mileage up.

I'd rather spend money on preventative maintenance than have a protracted battle with Ford to obtain a new engine, or drive around with one I'm not sure about, or deal with a failure outside the warranty period. Warranties and legislation are well and good but that doesn't stop them from making it really difficult if they decide to argue the point, even if you have a clear case, in the hope you'll just go away ref Ian's experience with the wheels above. Engineers reports, tribunals etc are a complete time and money burning PITA.

The only other reason I'd get one is to relocate the oil filter, which I understand the Eastside Mustang kit will do, so it's easier to change.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Presume so Don, but details of the exact problem and most importantly the fix aren't clear. I don't think the UK folks have had any luck finding out either.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Presume so Don, but details of the exact problem and most importantly the fix aren't clear. I don't think the UK folks have had any luck finding out either.
Agree.....but has anyone with a later vehicle had problems ??? seems to only be the early ones....so Ford must have modified something and they are not going to tell us anyway!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.