OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Fastback Pro Touring 'Hellraiser'
So as soon as I knew it was a Fastback, or Sports Roof as the '69 was marketed as, I got Vlad to re-render it. And as cati kept calling the Grabber Blue Tampax blue and calling me a dullard, I decided it should be rendered in a neutral gloss solid grey until we decide which way to go with colour. But I love it now in that paint. Ford do some lovely solid greys now so it can still be technically a Ford paint code. Which matters to me. Maybe the GT4 code...

gERKWEF.jpg

QMR3MSU.jpg

a20b4Ls.jpg

And I developed a Hellraiser logo font. Seen on the decklid.

Then Vlad got carried away with the background so we could get some reflections in to make it shiny...

Things to note that aren't quite right here are the hood pins, and the hood in general. We're going for some big extractor vents with louvres probably. The spots will eventually be air ducts, the rear spoiler replaces the previous huge wing and the rear diffuser needs finessing and front splitter will have some more 'modern' air ducting. I'm working on designs for those at moment... Also I'm not convinced the bolt on arches are going to fit perfectly so these may end up being fabbed out of steel and blended in. But that's a way off for sure!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
He's got some talent, does Vlad :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update! I know it's been ages, but at last we're moving on the chassis. The old Thunderjet engine and C6 transmission has been pulled, bunged on eBay and the rear end is out, so we had a chance to figure out how the hell the IRS assembly was going to fit and work.

Two days were spent measuring and thinking and working back from the fixed dimensions of the IRS, the size of our dream wheels and the body / desired ride height. Which originally was 4" but now, on close inspection of the chassis, needs to be more like 5".

The car is mounted on 5" rear and 4.75" front stands which gives it this kind of look:

BMz4xnZ.jpg

Last edited:

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not technically 6G, more of a 1G meets 6G build - but thought some of you might be interested in it as it is definitely a Mustang.

Bit of background on me and the name. Yonks ago I built an '05 Mustang street/track car that ended up being known as Hell Yeah. I hit hard times and had to sell it on, but always said as soon as things got better, I'd be back bigger and better with something even more special.

So things got better and I started thinking about a project. Having always loved the classic 'Stangs, but wanting something that handled as well as the S197 I'd lost and even as good as the S550 which was just coming out, I came up with the idea of building something along the lines of the Agent 47 Harbinger, Ken Block's Hoonigan or Vaughn Gittins RTR-X. A '69 pro-tourer basically. Classic body but modern motor and suspension.

Some of you may know I run a UK Mustang forum :) for all model year Mustangs so I decided it would be fun to combine as many generations as possible into one as a Forum Project car. Realistically though, (and should I say this openly?) there's not much from 1970 to 2005 I'd want on it! I considered the classic Mustang2 front end upgrade, but then thought stuff it, we can make something better than that!

I'd always had a thing for coupes and decided, as they are always cheaper than the Fastbacks, I'd start looking around for a good half-finished '69 coupe project for as few dollars as possible. I started scribbling on napkins to get a feel for the project and to get some inspiration in the time it was taking to find something suitable.

Then I started getting carried away and commissioned a 3D render from some talented bloke off the interweb. It's all visual styling at this point, with some basic ideas of where I was heading... 4" ride height, big 18x 10/12 wheels and bolt on arches to accommodate the extra track and lowered stance. Oh and a big ol' wing!

At least, that was the plan. And then I bought this:

And this:

And this:

And these:

And this:

And this:

So that's a '69 Mach 1 Drag race project from Texas, which is the first spanner in the works - it's not a coupe - but was such a bargain I couldn't turn it down. And is where the name comes from. This was found in a field and left for dead for years. It was finally resurrected by some dude named Duane and I thought as we're bringing it back from the dead and it's Hell Yeah's successor, Hellraiser sounded cool. A project has to have a name right?

Then there's the second spanner, a Ford Racing Coyote crate engine, ECU, ancileries and T56 gearbox and Mrs. Badhand.

I'll keep going if any of you 6G lot are interested...
Did you buy this off Mike at Modurstang? Seen to recall seeing it there one day.

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. I bought the car from Texas and the motor from his neighbour. The car was there for a short while until he got too busy to store it.

Mike's a good mate and I'm sure it'll head back there one day soon...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and some other news is we have a couple of sponsors on board. Both Steeda UK and Stage 3 Motorsports in the US have offered to help us out with parts and advice.

This is fantastic news and we're really really grateful to have such great companies on board and behind us. Thanks guys!
:headbang:

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I swang by the secret workshop this afternoon. The IRS subframe is tacked in place, which makes me very happy.

EcMVndq.jpg

ASTVxqt.jpg

And. looking at the position of the hub, an idea of how far a 12" wheel with virtually zero offset will stick out of the body. :)

PeBbar3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some further progress. Wheels in position. Not the actual wheels, these are cati's 19"s, but in place for mock up purposes and to get dims for the suspension and clearance etc... We're hoping to go with Forgelines eventually.

A0tpSNH.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well its been bloody ages I know, but things have been going mad the last few weeks. You can catch up with much more detail on MFUK (http://mustangforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8289) or the our Facebook and DriveTribe pages. But basically we've been getting packages from the States and chopping stuff up:

It all arrived yesterday. Snuck it in the house while Mrs. Badhand was out to unbox and inspect it all. Gotta say I'm so impressed with the Competition Orange callipers. Can't wait to get these behind the Forgelines.

6TjCFz2.jpg

S6t84hY.jpg

cIlTZQr.jpg

91l5QLl.jpg

ovD5EYO.jpg

SjQ3uTo.jpg

1qtEaW2.jpg

I'll transfer these to the workshop on Monday and we can, at last, start taking measurements for the double wishbones... Back on track

Steeda adjustable camber arms fitted:

G8k9H3Q.jpg

And camber adjusted:

La92S4v.jpg

Pretty good. :D

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHERE THE HELL HAVE THE PICS GONE? :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
#photofuckit

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I thought it was just me who was having issues. Sounds like it is cool though lol
Sponsored