Sponsored

Dashcams

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
We did check prices elsewhere..it might be cheaper to get a Auto Elec to do it?
Definitely.

EDIT:

Local Sydney distributor just messaged me back saying it's $499 for the 650-2 channel with Power Magic. Installation estimate is $150 - 200.

Waiting on the reply of another Sydney store who supply and fit. Will update anyone interested. :thumbsup:

Reviews for the Thinkware F750 seem a lot better overall. Roughly $100 more as the rear isn't included.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Definitely.

EDIT:

Local Sydney distributor just messaged me back saying it's $499 for the 650-2 channel with Power Magic. Installation estimate is $150 - 200.

Waiting on the reply of another Sydney store who supply and fit. Will update anyone interested. :thumbsup:

Reviews for the Thinkware F750 seem a lot better overall. Roughly $100 more as the rear isn't included.
Can keep me posted Hybrid.

Thanks!

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
We can tap the fuse in the passenger side. Looks pretty damn easy. Probably inverted for us. Free install for anyone who has an hour or 2 free :D

[ame]

Can keep me posted Hybrid.

Thanks!
Will do boss :thumbsup:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Thanks Hybrid, you should get in to the postal service business!
Sorry [MENTION=14631]RSPEC-015[/MENTION]. A bit of false advertising on that site. The item headline says Plus Installation. Which someone would assume means "Inclusive of installation", since the other stuff they sell doesn't have those words.

I called up, and they said it's a typo and installation is not included. Was quoted $880 for 32GB and $920 for 64GB LOL...

Anyway... I'm going with these guys.

Thinkware F750 16GB @ $596.85

Thinkware F750 64GB @ $654.85

The memory is just different micro SD cards.

Both prices are with the rear camera ($135) and hardwire kit ($25) included. Best prices I've found locally.

Imported from Handtec.co.uk it worked out to $505 with Fedex. But I figured it's not worth it just to save a few bucks in terms of warranty issues if anything went wrong.

Installation is pretty damn simple. Wires on the roof liner looks surprisingly easy to hide. Apparently we don't even need to unclip it. Only the A-Pillar to route the wire down to the passenger fuse box.

Alternatively, install prices are $150 - 220. Personally I don't think it's worth it for such an easy job. But this is a matter of opinion.

Carbon Car Systems fit and supply it. I read somewhere installation is $135 if you buy it there, but I doubt prices are near that local site.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Thanks Hybrid,

I'll check that out next week. I'm overseas at the moment, I haven't seen any Mustangs in Singapore or Brunei yet!

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Less than 24 hours for delivery from Elite Electronics. Box was a little beat up, goods are all perfect :thumbsup:
12656101_10207935800648866_1603207120_o.jpg

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
We aren't having much joy in the UK with fitting the dash cam. Basically, no one has managed to get the 'parking mode' working as we can't seem to find a circuit that's always live.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38572

Feeding the wires into the trim is really really easy by the way. The trim just falls away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
We aren't having much joy in the UK with fitting the dash cam. Basically, no one has managed to get the 'parking mode' working as we can't seem to find a circuit that's always live.

Feeding the wires into the trim is really really easy by the way. The trim just falls away.
A few places sell powerplus pro adapters that you hardwire into the battery harness and they'll provide constant line protected power until the battery diminishes then shut down so the car can still be started.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Had a look at the US-spec Mustang manual on passenger compartment fuses, they seem to be identical with our RHD ones. #2 and #23 in particular.

So only the "parking mode" is not working? Everything else is fine?

I recall reading somewhere that it is disabled by default and needs to be turned on.

Just found it:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985020&highlight=parking+mode#post985020

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Spoke to an Auto Audio friend on Tuesday night and he has a mobile guy who installs dash cams and is clued up on proper wiring. For the models being discussed in this thread.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Less than 24 hours for delivery from Elite Electronics. Box was a little beat up, goods are all perfect :thumbsup:
Could we get a review from you? would be helpful for those still deciding.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Could we get a review from you? would be helpful for those still deciding.
Would love to, unfortunately don't have a car to test it in yet lol...

The reviews on their android app for the dashcam is pretty poor. Though it could just be people setting it up poorly. As some reviews are great.

If you're talking about build quality etc, it looks solid and very high quality.
Sponsored