After market clutch

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Anyone boosted running after market clutch that is NOT McLeod or mantic? I keep hearing that Rxt will blow the tranny and rst won’t last long drag racing. So I want to see some other options you guys are using.
Sponsored

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I put in the Exedy ET04XD. purchased from beefcake

extremely nice unit and easy install. put it in right before winter and only have about 100 miles on the car.

its a sprung hub ceramic so similar bite to the RXT but sprung hub for a little give.

little chatter at first and very grabby but the chatter is going away as I put miles on the car.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Spec stage 2 + Hybrid, stock flywheel resurfaced. 12k on it. 10.28 @138 mph with slicks so far. Sprung hub, No chatter. Heavier than stock feel (no assist spring). Perfect drivability.

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Spec stage 2 + Hybrid, stock flywheel resurfaced. 12k on it. 10.28 @138 mph with slicks so far. Sprung hub, No chatter. Heavier than stock feel (no assist spring). Perfect drivability.
I have a spec stage 3+ on my 96 GT. Car makes 750hp and I haven’t had a problem yet. Might look into this one for the 15, What’s the different between stage 2+ and hybrid?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
The hybrid version supposedly has better drivability and same holding power than the stage2+. For the price of the Spec, even if it fails after 20-30k miles, I can replaced it 3 times for the amount of money everybody spends on the stupid dual disc's..
I use the stage2+ in my blown 64 barracuda, and it works great, but it doesn't make that much power, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
The hybrid version supposedly has better drivability and same holding power than the stage2+. For the price of the Spec, even if it fails after 20-30k miles, I can replaced it 3 times for the amount of money everybody spends on the stupid dual disc's..
I use the stage2+ in my blown 64 barracuda, and it works great, but it doesn't make that much power, lol.
I see. How much power are you making? What was your 60 foot on that 10.28 pass

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I put in the Exedy ET04XD. purchased from beefcake

extremely nice unit and easy install. put it in right before winter and only have about 100 miles on the car.

its a sprung hub ceramic so similar bite to the RXT but sprung hub for a little give.

little chatter at first and very grabby but the chatter is going away as I put miles on the car.
Same here. This clutch is a very nice piece and should last the lifetime of the car (it's component serviceable).