OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I’m trying some different things to see if I can figure out why it’s happening. This morning I pulled straight forward and went straight back a couple of times, then I made my normal turn. The klunking was barely noticeable, but it wasn’t as cold as it has been recently. Tomorrow morning I will be backing out of my parking spot, so I’ll see how that goes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
My gt has done this from day one. Only does it when the temp drops. It's the tires scrubbing.
People - Lbdyll answered the question. The concern you are experiencing is the tires scrubbing on the pavement surface. High performance tires are not designed for low temperatures. When the ambient temp is low and the tires are cold, they will skip/scrub the pavement, especially when the vehicle is first driven. The only way to eliminate the issue is to switch to All Season or Winter tires.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Backed out this morning, no clunking.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Could this not be the control arm bushings? I'm not too familiar with the Mustang front end, yet, but my 2003 GTI would clunk up front when the control arm bushings were shot. And mostly in hard, slow speed turns.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Conclusion/final word on clunking; pretty sure it’s the brakes. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I've only had my car for a week and I noticed the same clunk when turning out of my neighborhood in the mornings. Doesn't do it any other time and my GTO did the same thing but when reversing. I figured it was something brake related.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I've only had my car for a week and I noticed the same clunk when turning out of my neighborhood in the mornings. Doesn't do it any other time and my GTO did the same thing but when reversing. I figured it was something brake related.
it also may be a GT brake issue, as my eco with performance package has the GT brakes. Also thought it might have something to do with colder temps...but you’re in Florida, so who knows?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I had a similar noise on my non PP GT, swapped out the pads this weekend with Powerstop Z26...noise gone!

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i had the summer tires on when it was about 40 degrees.. and it sat in my work lot all day i came out to leave made a turn and it clunked slipped about 3 times .. its deff the tires .. i went with michelin as3s and i never heard the sound again ..summer tires get hard below 50ish and it makes the tire slide,clunk till they warm up . least that was my case

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
i had the summer tires on when it was about 40 degrees.. and it sat in my work lot all day i came out to leave made a turn and it clunked slipped about 3 times .. its deff the tires .. i went with michelin as3s and i never heard the sound again ..summer tires get hard below 50ish and it makes the tire slide,clunk till they warm up . least that was my case
Different kind of clunking I think, I had it even with my snow tires. I do know what you're referring to. Mine sounded like the front end was gonna fall out. Everything feels much tighter now...easy fix. Needed pads anyways.
Sponsored