Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
no I have not I am not a facebook user . I have had several calls with ford Australia who have been pleasant and were trying to get a rental . The dealer is annoying as I forwarned them there is a big delay but they said they could not order the pert until it was removed and confirmed to be broken then they contact ford warranty . I think this is probably ford Australia policy but as stated it is crazy when you have no eta on a part and it is back ordered. ford Australia also have no idea when part is due. it is problematic as it is a daily driver not a weekend car and I drive 100-150 kms a day
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@ watchman sorry you're experiencing this. has the designated person at Ford Oz been of any use?

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Depends who you are, a particular member seems to have the evaporator and Oil Cooler at the ready from his obliging dealer...... :D
Because like most parts dealers can order in whatever they please as floor stock, given the particular dealer has a large warehouse for parts and is one of the main parts distributors for Nsw they keep stock on hand.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Gees this is just astoundingly horrible customer service. I would be going ape sh!t and complaining the house down!!

By complete contrast to show what Ford are competing against, I purchased a new Porsche Cayman a few years back, and within 3,00ks it started blowing a cloud of blue smoke on cold start ups. Dropped into dealer, they did a full engine diagnostics check, downloaded results and emailed to Stuttgart Germany. Head office came back overnight and said they were airfreighting a brand new engine. I was given a new Porsche loan car and a week later I was in my Cayman again, didn't cost a cent and went like the clappers without so much of a puff of smoke again.

And Ford are endlessly dicking you around over an air conditioning part......

Makes me think I may have purchased my first and last Ford.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
My failed evaporator was diagnosed on Monday apparently just be sighting "UV dye on side of transmission coming from drain hoses" according to the service report i was given. The new one was ordered to same day and no one has touched the dashboard yetand they also said straight off that they would be giving me a loaner .

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
A big thank you to Drewbo . I followed your advice and resurrected an old facebook account . I posted my issues on the ford Australia and dealer site last night . this morning I was contacted by the service manager and they have a loan car for me . Ford Australia have also sent a text today with a rental but it is not for another 4 days. As flying fiz noted these things happen but you have to look after the customer . My last car was an audi A5 which needed a motor rebuild under warranty but audi were great looked after the car , kept me informed and provided a loan car immediately. The crazy situation here is ford warranty want the dealer to prove the evaporater does not work and send pictures but they have no spares and no eta for when they are getting them . as it is a big job to remove the dash there is no going back at that point. surely it is much more sensible to wait until you can fix it before starting the process. Again thanks everyone for the advice . This is my daily driver and I drive from north sydney to campbelltoewn each day so am totally car dependant. I am now good to wait I will let you know when I have an eta for the part , so far 11 days and counting. cheers watchman

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I posted my issues on the ford Australia and dealer site last night . this morning I was contacted by the service manager and they have a loan car for me
Well done - sometimes big business needs a gentle public prod to sting them into action. Things that were previously impossible tend to magically happen.

Just looking at the Ford Australia Facebook page, seems that quite a few users on there are also having aircon issues - one woman claims that hers has been back four times!

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Have gotten my evaporator replaced (part was already in stock). It took a couple of days longer than expected - one issue was that even after replacing the evaporator, the dealer found the air still wasn't as cold as it should be, and they found that the TX valve was closed shut. I don't understand the details but happy to get the car back with cold air, a firm dash and no rattles.

I did have a nightmare moment on the initial drive home - after several kms, I turned on my windscreen wipers to clean the front windscreen, and it cracked! Returned to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty no questions, which was a big relief. After picking up the car today, they said there was a pressure point on the windscreen in that area (at absolute bottom passenger side). I guess the dash replacement relieved/exerted some pressure and turning on the wipers was enough to make it crack.

Sorry to add to anyone's stress levels that has their car going in as this is probably a freak occurrence - I would just recommend you give it a test drive on bumpy roads after replacement and turn on the wipers.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I did have a nightmare moment on the initial drive home - after several kms, I turned on my windscreen wipers to clean the front windscreen, and it cracked! Returned to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty no questions, which was a big relief. After picking up the car today, they said there was a pressure point on the windscreen in that area (at absolute bottom passenger side). I guess the dash replacement relieved/exerted some pressure and turning on the wipers was enough to make it crack.
Does it ever end?

I have read of the windscreen issue in other sub-forums (I believe that a few have cracked in the UK - possibly more cases of it happening there due to the cold climate).

Good to hear that the aircon has been fixed (properly). Just make sure that the accent lighting in the cup holders and in the foot well is working - I have read of some dealers forgetting to reconnect it before they put the dash back in.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Good to hear that the aircon has been fixed (properly). Just make sure that the accent lighting in the cup holders and in the foot well is working - I have read of some dealers forgetting to reconnect it before they put the dash back in.
Thanks for the tip. All lights working :thumbsup:

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Got my mustang back today. Air-con cold and no whine from the compressor.

Everything seems to be put back together well. No cracks or rattles and all interior lighting working as normal. While it's very labour intensive it does seem like the service techs aren't having too many issues swapping the parts and putting the dashes back together.

I am however slightly nervous about if this happens again out of warranty though and wonder if Ford will be extending the warranty on the air-con due to these issues. Quite concerning that, it's happening on cars that are less than 2 years old and with pretty low km. Mine went after about 8,000km. If the same thing happens and it dies when the car is out of warranty but only has circa 20,000km on it I won't be impressed.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
This piece of legislation affords us protection under some circumstances, but a dealership can dig in particularly if they want to hang tough to prevent precedent being set including for other dealers. It can take many months for every level of the process to be completed if they do this, while the car sits there with a busted a/c (or oil cooler). Being engaged in the process also doesn't prevent them from getting their solicitor involved, which can for some be very intimidating.

It's important to keep talking about this until we get a clear level of assurance that the issue will be fixed outside warranty, somewhat like Bushranger is trying to do with respect to the oil cooler issue.
Sponsored