Forthcoming Sync 3 update

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Another random question, have you noticed any map updates? There's been a bunch of road building in the area and I wonder when the maps will catch up.

I'm IT too, and had noticed the references to QNX in the zip file; and tbh, am happier with the thought of my car running a Unix clone rather than Windows CE :). Need to get the car updated, I've had the install ready for a couple of weeks by now!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Another random question, have you noticed any map updates? There's been a bunch of road building in the area and I wonder when the maps will catch up.

I'm IT too, and had noticed the references to QNX in the zip file; and tbh, am happier with the thought of my car running a Unix clone rather than Windows CE :). Need to get the car updated, I've had the install ready for a couple of weeks by now!
I do keep thinking the same the M40's had a flyover added, and the amount of times the satnav has a bitch fit when you go the right way rather than the wya it wants is comical (and annoying)

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been told by Sandicliffe Nottingham that there should be a nav update sometime this quarter but they didn’t seem to know when or how it would be delivered or if there would be any cost for it to be updated

OP
OP
PeterE

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Official UK/EU Sync3 3.0 available

The official UK/EU Sync3 3.0.13/18025 release is now available on the UK Ford update website: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

It's 2.8GB, Nav only and I plan to install it today or tomorrow and will report back when done, so if y'all are happy for me to be a Sync Test Dummy :D then happy to do so (maybe famous last words :crazy:)

Detailed instructions here: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...ooth-support/docs/SYNC_3_USB-Update-Guide.pdf

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
The official UK/EU Sync3 3.0.13/18025 release is now available on the UK Ford update website: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

It's 2.8GB, Nav only and I plan to install it today or tomorrow and will report back when done, so if y'all are happy for me to be a Sync Test Dummy :D then happy to do so (maybe famous last words :crazy:)

Detailed instructions here: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...ooth-support/docs/SYNC_3_USB-Update-Guide.pdf
i only did mine at the weekend! better not be another update out already it took hours to install

OP
OP
PeterE

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION]: Agreed, just check your current version number, the one just released is 18025 so if you have that you are OK, otherwise... :doh:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
i only did mine at the weekend! better not be another update out already it took hours to install
In the US you can only update via USB. If it took hours with a USB drive, I would expect its a VERY slow drive. The last few updates I did, including 18025, only took the time to play 4-5 songs.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
In the US you can only update via USB. If it took hours with a USB drive, I would expect its a VERY slow drive. The last few updates I did, including 18025, only took the time to play 4-5 songs.

usb here too took 10 minutes before the car even detected the usb had updates on it then it took 45 minutes and 3 reboots for it to actually update it then the unlock/lock procedure ford state to follow doesn't work and you have to leave the car for at least 30mins before it picks up the update :(

and I've just checked my vin there's another new update :( so same procedure again.

The usb ports in the car are only usb 2 and I used a usb 3 stick so maybe the ports can't resync properly but either way its a slow ass procedure.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The usb ports in the car are only usb 2 and I used a usb 3 stick so maybe the ports can't resync properly but either way its a slow ass procedure.
No, I knew the car was USB2 but I used a fast USB3 drive since that was handy. So there must be some other factor.

Regarding a delay until it recognizes the drive, does your drive have an activity light? Mine doesn't and I assumed the delay was actually while Sync copied the content to its own storage after which the updating message is shown. But since my drive doesn't have a light, I wasn't sure.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
No, I knew the car was USB2 but I used a fast USB3 drive since that was handy. So there must be some other factor.

Regarding a delay until it recognizes the drive, does your drive have an activity light? Mine doesn't and I assumed the delay was actually while Sync copied the content to its own storage after which the updating message is shown. But since my drive doesn't have a light, I wasn't sure.
Interesting I have a US car, had Sync with the US Maps, got it updated to the European Maps and now Version 2.0 but can't get Waze on it.
I guess I need a new update, and I guess it will be the UK one as I have the UK Maps.
Might have to try this this weekend, use a 32gb stick should be enough ? :headbonk:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

yeah my drive has a light its a corsair drive. it didn't even flash the light for the first 5-10 mins then there was a period of it flashing like nuts while like you say i assume it was transferring the data to internal to actually do the update.

Might have to try this this weekend, use a 32gb stick should be enough ?
more than enough I used a 16gb one just fine.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
yeah my drive has a light its a corsair drive. it didn't even flash the light for the first 5-10 mins
Thanks. Interesting. I'd estimate 1-2 minute in my case.

I wonder why there is a delay at all?

Also, did your drive have anything else on it and did it contain the dontindx.msa file in the root? I was told that file stops Sync from trying to find and catalog all music on the drive which can delay the update.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
it didn't even flash the light for the first 5-10 mins then there was a period of it flashing like nuts while like you say i assume it was transferring the data to internal to actually do the update.
The first five to 10 minutes would've been Sync performing internal operations for redundancy purposes (making a backup ROM image in an offset memory area as many safety critical systems do in the event an update fails) plus cataloguing of personal data to transfer over to the new operating software once installed.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Thanks. Interesting. I'd estimate 1-2 minute in my case.

I wonder why there is a delay at all?

Also, did your drive have anything else on it and did it contain the dontindx.msa file in the root? I was told that file stops Sync from trying to find and catalog all music on the drive which can delay the update.

no was a freshly formatted drive nothing on it but the updates I'll do mine again tonight got a 40 minute drive to the nearest burger king and I fancy a whopper :)
Sponsored