SA - Wellington Cruise

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Hey SA members, heads up for non Facebook users there is a cruise being organised for the 4th of February, here’s a copy of the details so far from Rita.

Suggested cruise for Sunday 4th Feb. Meet up in the carpark of Big W, Cumberland Park at 10.15am for a 10.45 departure. (They don't open till 11am on a Sunday). Travel up Cross Rd. to the SE Freeway then on to Tailem Bend. Turn off from the main road after Tailem Bend to head to Wellington. We can gather at one side of the river to do the ferry crossing to the Wellington Courthouse directly across the river for a lunch stop. Parking on the lawn in front of the old Courthouse, on the banks of the Murray, is allowed. Lunch details still to be advised as they require a group booking and numbers. I'll need to know final numbers a week before please.

After lunch.. some possible suggestions. From Wellington...
1. Drive the Langhorne Creek Rd. to The Winehouse for wine tastings, beer and wine and platter nibbles.
2. Then drive on to Strathalbyn to the Strath Corner Bakery (it''s great) and have a coffee and cake there.
3. Then drive on to the Prancing Pony Brewery in Mt Barker for a final meeting, drink.. and goodbyes before heading home our separate ways.

We can do all.. or one.. or a couple of these things. To be decided. Should be a fun day!

End quote, more details to follow. If you’re interested please reply.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aj05

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
A bit more..

Two weeks today until the proposed Wellington cruise. The Wellington Courthouse sent this simple lunch suggestion option through for a basic bbq. $11 a head...plus drinks. Overlooking the Murray River with our ponies parked on the lawn as well. Hoping the weather will be kind! I asked about a gluten-free option but haven't heard back. Is everyone ok to go along with a simple lunch like this? We need a minimum of 20 adults too.. so hoping we can confirm this. Let me know if any other needs or options are required

End quote, I don’t mind passing on details to Rita.
0A8473D9-9605-4155-A9F8-65B30744277A.jpeg
6F573BDE-74E9-484D-9A75-12C914858051.jpeg

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hi Aaron sounds good. I'll check the diary and see how we go. Is this just a S550 cruise

OP
OP
Aj05

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Hi Snake, I will check for you.

As an update it looks like 9 cars going so far and 4 maybes.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Aj05

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Hey Snake, you’re welcome to bring the Cobra if you want and if there are some old Mustangs that want to come, they are welcome. :thumbsup:

Rita would like numbers by Wednesday so we can let the Wellington Court house know the lunch numbers. Can you all please either reply to this thread or PM me to let us know how many are coming.

At least the weather looks like early 30s at this stage.

Cheers

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aj05

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
So an update, it looks like 11 cars plus 1 probable and 3 maybes.

Re the lunch, we can ring through final numbers on Sunday morning so you can turn up Sunday and still get lunch.

Nothing has changed from the first post, ie quote

Meet point up in the carpark of Big W, Cumberland Park at 10.15am for a 10.45 departure. (They don't open till 11am on a Sunday). Travel up Cross Rd. to the SE Freeway then on to Tailem Bend. Turn off from the main road after Tailem Bend to head to Wellington. We can gather at one side of the river to do the ferry crossing to the Wellington Courthouse directly across the river for a lunch stop. Parking on the lawn in front of the old Courthouse, on the banks of the Murray, is allowed.

After lunch.. some possible suggestions. From Wellington...
1. Drive the Langhorne Creek Rd. to The Winehouse for wine tastings, beer and wine and platter nibbles.
2. Then drive on to Strathalbyn to the Strath Corner Bakery (it''s great) and have a coffee and cake there.
3. Then drive on to the Prancing Pony Brewery in Mt Barker for a final meeting, drink.. and goodbyes before heading home our separate ways.

Weather should be early 30s and a great day for a cruise and lunch by the river, hope to see you there.

Cheers

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Great day, great people and great Mustangs. Thanks Rita for organising this :headbang::thumbsup::ford:

IMG_20180204_172902.jpg

IMG_20180204_173017.jpg

IMG_20180204_173121.jpg

IMG_20180204_173213.jpg

IMG_20180204_173309.jpg

IMG_20180204_173358.jpg

IMG_20180204_173427.jpg