Sponsored

Who wants an S550 SVO?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I seriously can't believe Ford hasn't done this yet. On a year where they don't have a BOSS or BULLITT trim to slip in under SHELBY, why not an SVO to slip between 2.3T and GT?

They only could do a 1-2 year run.

• PP1 base car
  • 2.3T that either is or is tweaked with parts from the RS 2.3T 330-360hp range
  • Suspension bits with a mix of GT350 and PP2
  • SVO badging
  • Maybe a hood that gives a nod to the SVO hood scoop.

If they can keep the price just under or just over base GT (it's mostly parts bin so shouldn't be TO hard) it would be a nice seller for a person that wants a nice performance car thats NOT a v8, or a person that wants a more well balanced car (lighter front end). It isn't as powerful as the 5.0 so it won't be as fast, but would definitely hold its own in a nice twisty road.
Sponsored

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
2.7l could be that in between. But I'm just some v6 owner.
I'd prefer that performance wise.

I just feel like the 2.3T matches the classic SVO more in that they were both 2.3T. I also think the 2.7TT may step into 5.0 performance to much for Fords preferences.

If Fford moved to the 5.2 for the GT with a 480-500HP spec then I could see a 350-360hp 2.7TT becoming a thing. I don't think they would see the 2.3T making 350hp or so as a threat because they have a lower power ceiling in stock form.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Drop the 3.5L Twin Turbo from the Taurus into it, and bump HP to 400. GT/ 5.0 is moving way out of this field now, so it should not be considered a competitor of the GT. I always thought Ford screwed up not using the 3.5, I loved that engine in my SHO.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Drop the 3.5L Twin Turbo from the Taurus into it, and bump HP to 400. GT/ 5.0 is moving way out of this field now, so it should not be considered a competitor of the GT. I always thought Ford screwed up not using the 3.5, I loved that engine in my SHO.
the 3.0TT is already at 400.

Sponsored

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
I wouldn't buy one, but I think a more hotrod version of the turbo 4 would be a great option for fans of that engine.

Just do what they did for the Bullitt edition and provide a modest bump in power, make it look cool, bundle some options differently, and borrow some handling pieces from the GT PP1 and PP2. An SVO edition wouldn't have to be anything too radical to sell well, and people can mod it to their hearts desire anyways.

With the V6 gone, and Ford putting more emphasis on the EcoBoost brand as a whole, you'd think this would be a no-brainer.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The entire idea behind the original SVOwas that it's lightness made it a great (for the time) handling and braking car.

If they're going to do it again, bumping the power of the current 2.3L Turbo would be the way to go, to keep the front of the car light. And then make the suspension on par with the GT350R, with the 6 piston Brembos, suuuuuper sticky tires, etc., etc.

The car needs to be light, seriously light. A striped-out base with all the performance stuff. Manual only. No stupid LCD dash, just good old-fashioned gauges.

For those too young or too old to remember;

1486274902246.jpg

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I remember wanting one of those real bad....it was radically different looking and EVERYTHING about it was 'function'....I believe it had bigger brakes on it than the GT (old brain cells may be a little fuzzy on that fact). Very cool cars...

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I want to see a 2.7 or 3.5eb and they call it the SVO

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would love to see a car like that built.

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The new SVO needs a forged crank(got that already!), H-beams rods and forged pistons. Put in a bigger turbo and make 400 hp. With a bottom end good for 600 h.p. the tuners would have a field day!!

Build it Ford!! We have lots of special edition V8's-which I love them all! But it's time to throw the 4 cylinder crowd a bone!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My cousins 86 svo is a full drag car with 700+hp now but I remember when it was all stock. I always loved them cars.

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I had an original SVO, 1984. I liked the 2.3T for a couple of years but got tired of the "wait for it" power and turbo whine. I swapped in a 5.0 roller cam EFI. Still, the seats and wheels, and the body style, were so unique that I would still have it today if it hadn't been T-boned by a 16 yr old kid running a stop light.

Still, I would not buy an Eco Boost today, just ordered a GT.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I so wish they would do a v6 turbo svo version. I just really respect the technology of more power and especially more torque from forced induction. Why not employ all this new technology. I assume it's all the bigger is better mentally. And the sound. Look at the incredible performance in the Ford GT supercar with a V6. It also was not fully embraced because not a big v8. Normally aspirated is just not a very efficient design anymore with all the advantages of FI now.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously can't believe Ford hasn't done this yet. On a year where they don't have a BOSS or BULLITT trim to slip in under SHELBY, why not an SVO to slip between 2.3T and GT?

They only could do a 1-2 year run.

• PP1 base car
  • 2.3T that either is or is tweaked with parts from the RS 2.3T 330-360hp range
  • Suspension bits with a mix of GT350 and PP2
  • SVO badging
  • Maybe a hood that gives a nod to the SVO hood scoop.

If they can keep the price just under or just over base GT (it's mostly parts bin so shouldn't be TO hard) it would be a nice seller for a person that wants a nice performance car thats NOT a v8, or a person that wants a more well balanced car (lighter front end). It isn't as powerful as the 5.0 so it won't be as fast, but would definitely hold its own in a nice twisty road.
I'm with you would love to see a 360 hp 2.3 SVO :thumbsup:
Sponsored