Sponsored

Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust (Pics & Video)

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
BeauxXL1200, Dwaleke, Robb, and of course everyone else's contribution in this thread, from Down Under, I just want to thank you very much much for a great read. I am taking delivery of my vehicle in a couple of months and have been researching for nearly 12 months on what exhaust set up to buy. Although the FRRP Touring Cat back was on top of the list, your discussions on here have made up mind.

Now to find a great deal from a supplier in the US because the shipping costs (Aust. Melb.) are going to add more on the overall price.

Thanks once again gentleman and ladies.

More videos please!
Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
BeauxXL1200, Dwaleke, Robb, and of course everyone else's contribution in this thread, from Down Under, I just want to thank you very much much for a great read. I am taking delivery of my vehicle in a couple of months and have been researching for nearly 12 months on what exhaust set up to buy. Although the FRRP Touring Cat back was on top of the list, your discussions on here have made up mind.

Now to find a great deal from a supplier in the US because the shipping costs (Aust. Melb.) are going to add more on the overall price.

Thanks once again gentleman and ladies.

More videos please!
I'm excited for you, Yeah Nah.

Those of us who ordered our cars all remember the anticipation while waiting on delivery, and of course the fun and excitement once we got our hands on them.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the FRRP touring cat backs.

Another recent mod I'm really liking is Steeda's Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter.

Post pics when you get her.

Cheers. :cheers:

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I had Touring installed a few weeks ago on my 2016 GT Premium automatic. Plenty loud, great sound. A little bit louder than preferred at 75-80 (normal freeway speeds) but still tolerable.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Keep in mind, we actually stock these and are typically shipping out same day.
Al, I have the Ford Racing Touring Cat-Back exhaust on my 2015 GT PP. The exhaust is definitely not quiet. Lots of compliments on the sound from my friends and neighbors. Be aware there WILL be some drone with this system. I get it right around 2K RPM. I find it annoying so I drive around it - moving up and down through the 2K RPM range quickly. The drone isn't terrible, but it's there. Good luck!
Exactly what Iā€™m experiencing on ny ā€˜16 GT auto, slight drone at 75-80 mph which is normal freeway cruising speed here in CA. If Iā€™m making a phone call Iā€™ll slow to 70-75 and move right til done.

Overall l like the (Touring) exhaust very much, it makes the car much more fun.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26233]Rebellion[/MENTION]

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
FRPP Touring vs. Sport

From videos, it seemed to me the Sport was much raspier than the Touring - which I didn't want. I had a Corsa axle back with H-pipe and I got rid of it because of the rasp. Good luck!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
From videos, it seemed to me the Sport was much raspier than the Touring - which I didn't want. I had a Corsa axle back with H-pipe and I got rid of it because of the rasp. Good luck!
I'm convinced that your rasp was driven by the H pipe. At lower rpm they're raspier than X-pipes. Seen several examples to back that up. I now have the full Sport catback (which has the touring axleback and the double X-pipe) and its not raspy at all. Clear, crisp, yes. You can hear all the goings on of the engine. Not metallic or raspy.

Glad you're happy with what you've got though, [MENTION=11447]JohnK[/MENTION], was a long road.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Interesting. Thanks for the perspective! Good to know.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I did a 300 mile day trip, mostly freeway at 70-80 mph and long stretches at 80. Very enjoyable.
Sponsored