Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
My vote would be on the fusion sport. I love the idea of a v6 tt awd fusion! I think they probably do well with a tune and some common turbo supporting mods.
Fusion Sport is by far the cheapest right now. Base model is $23-25K.
Here is one with 401a upgrade package for 25 and change

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...archRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION

They go 12.8's with tune only. Just make sure any leftover was made
after Oct, 16, some had cyl heads problems before that.

Cheapest AWD V6 Stinger I could find is another 13 grand.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rchRadius=0&makeCode1=KIA&modelCode1=KIASTING
Sponsored

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Genesis G70

OP
OP
whoishomer

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fusion Sport is by far the cheapest right now. Base model is $23-25K.
Here is one with 401a upgrade package for 25 and change

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...archRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION

They go 12.8's with tune only. Just make sure any leftover was made
after Oct, 16, some had cyl heads problems before that.

Cheapest AWD V6 Stinger I could find is another 13 grand.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rchRadius=0&makeCode1=KIA&modelCode1=KIASTING
Different story in Canada. Ford Fusion Sport is 45k Canadian, and Stinger GT is 49k Canadian...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone else on here think the Kia has a face only a mother could love?

2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-front-end.jpg

Last edited:

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
The face isn’t too bad, but the donk and profile shots aren’t the greatest.

Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Anyone else on here think the Kia has a face only a mother could love?

2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-front-end.jpg
Not to me. I love it. And I think it looks great from all angles. Of course we all know that everyones' tastes differ. There are lots of people who think the Mustang looks bad. The Stinger certainly won't be for everyone.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
For a similar price to the Stinger GT, you could also consider the Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt AWD. Starts around $46K, accounting for the AWD and 3.0L V6 twin turbo add-ons.

It's quite the sleeper with 400hp and 400tq. There's also a tune for +50hp: https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631146
Price climbs quickly once you start adding similar features....very pretty car though. Very different cars, IMO.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
If money is not a problem, my vote is for a bmw 340 xi with jb4 tune! You can get it with manual transmission and with the tune it may actually be faster than all the cars people listed in this forum! Another option is Audi RS3 with stage 1 tune running 10’s lol!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Definitely would take the Stinger GT. I've been following them for awhile. I'm also interested if Mazda is going to release the new 6 with the 2.5L turbo and AWD, that will be a phenomenal car. Almost bought a SHO for the wife a few years back. Small cramped interior, the layout on the interior sucks as well. It wasn't a fun car to drive either. She wanted it bad but after the test drive she walked away glad she didn't pull the trigger. Ford doesn't make a good performance sedan, sorry. If we had gotten a Falcon with the 5.0 things would be different.
Man do I disagree with that. I owned a SHO and as previously stated the car with a LMS tune did 12.99 weighing 4500 pounds with me in it. The car I owned had the PP with different gearing and suspension from the regular SHO. After owning it for a while I definitely preferred driving it to my Mustang. I took on many regular performance cars and with awd and likely 450 foot pounds of torque it would destroy them out of the hole, 4500 pounds and all. I literally had to stand on the brake pushing my butt against the drivers seat till those turbos spooled up to 2500 rpms and launch. On a cool day that thing would smoke the tires, awd and all.

Folks at the drag strip would ask: "isn't that a Taurus?". Yep. Old mans car. Just like me.

There is a reason Ford has made that car basically unchanged for 9 years. Those that love them, love them. My 28 year old son bought the car from me and preferred it hands down to driving my 600rwhp 2011 coyote.

On top of that I was able to put stuff in that giant trunk that most people needed a SUV for.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
For a similar price to the Stinger GT, you could also consider the Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt AWD. Starts around $46K, accounting for the AWD and 3.0L V6 twin turbo add-ons.

It's quite the sleeper with 400hp and 400tq. There's also a tune for +50hp: https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631146
Absolutely. The torque and immediate forward Gs are likely only second to an electric car. Plus you get to hear those turbos spool!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Folks at the drag strip would ask: "isn't that a Taurus?". Yep. Old mans car. Just like me.

There is a reason Ford has made that car basically unchanged for 9 years. Those that love them, love them.
You mean like Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz?

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I drive a '12 Lincoln MKS (fancier SHO) with an LMS 93 race tune and it's a blast! Has run a best of 13.3 in +3250 DA. I checked out the Stinger a few weeks ago and while I was very impressed with the interior quality, I was disappointed in the rear seat room. I bought my MKS because my daughter was about to be born and it's served us extremely well and have 0 front room issues with the rear facing seat.

Take a car seat with you and try them all out.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
With the arrival of my daughter and living in Canada I've decided to sell my mustang and get something with 4 doors and AWD. Any thoughts on the Kia Stinger? Looks like a good deal, especially here in Canada
Have you thought about the taurus sho? Its one of my personal favorites and i used to own it, massive trunk and its a really fun car and gets even better without breaking the bank too much for mods! :cheers:
Sponsored