Sponsored

DSS Aluminum Vibs

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Finally drove my car after installing a DSS 4' Aluminum DS last week, it vibes and makes a terrible noise, basically undrivable.

Will have to go back to the stock shaft unless there is a fix or something different to try.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can try rotating at 25* increments at the differential. I had to do so and the first time it was better (I have a Shaftmasters). Mine, though, is now starting to vibration >80MPH and especially when I let off after I had to replace the gator boot thing above the slip joint because it cracked. So I guess the two metal clamp things that hold it on at each side threw it off balance or something - even though Shaftmasters said that wouldn't happen. Arg!

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not the first time I've heard of this just another reason why I haven't changed my stock drive shaft. The 2 piece shaft is much more forgiving to pinion angle changes, hopefully rotating it solves the issue. You would think for the money they charge for these aftermarket shafts they would have some tech sheet letting you know that you may have to try different positions to prevent vibrations.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I said the hell with it and threw the stock shaft back on. Will return this turd next week, too scared it’s going to bust something to mess with it. Maybe I’ll try a different shaft in the future.

Sponsored

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Well, looking like I may be out 760 bucks. I wont name the company (yet). Anyhow, they want "professional proof" that the shaft is bad. In other words, shaft needs to be put back on and taken somewhere, and I am supposed to pay that shop to determine what I already know...the shaft is out of balance. Bottom line, this shaft is NOT going back on my car for fear of cracking the tail housing of the tranny.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Did they ask you to measure your pinion angles? There's a few apps for iPhones that'll do it for you.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, looking like I may be out 760 bucks. I wont name the company (yet). Anyhow, they want "professional proof" that the shaft is bad. In other words, shaft needs to be put back on and taken somewhere, and I am supposed to pay that shop to determine what I already know...the shaft is out of balance. Bottom line, this shaft is NOT going back on my car for fear of cracking the tail housing of the tranny.

jeez, that's crazy!

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Shouldn't have to put it in the car to prove its out of balance. Most machine shops have the capability to chuck it up in a lathe and check for balance.
And I agree...Dynotech is the best.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Shouldn't have to put it in the car to prove its out of balance. Most machine shops have the capability to chuck it up in a lathe and check for balance.
And I agree...Dynotech is the best.
So what's the answer if I get it checked for balance and its good, but still cant get it to run right on the car? This is a hypothetical but probably reality.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
That's pretty bad. Hopefully they'll do something for you.

Call your local speed shops and see who builds driveshafts close to you. -They'll be able to ckeck the balance.

GRABBERBLUE17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GRABBER BLUE GT PREMIUM
Reading this post has got me concerned. I just ordered a DSS driveshaft and axles for my 2017 GT Auto after installing a Roush Phase one supercharger.

Hope I don't have vibration issues. That would piss me off to say the least. Bought everything from a very reputable sponsor here so hopefully if any issues arise they'll take care of it.

Hope everything works out the OP. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Reading this post has got me concerned. I just ordered a DSS driveshaft and axles for my 2017 GT Auto after installing a Roush Phase one supercharger.

Hope I don't have vibration issues. That would piss me off to say the least. Bought everything from a very reputable sponsor here so hopefully if any issues arise they'll take care of it.

Hope everything works out the OP. Keep us posted!
I too ordered from a "very reputable sponsor" here, but they are holding firm that they need a professional shop to determine that its the shaft that is faulty. Until then they are holding firm on this portion of their return policy:

"We will not accept a return of an item that is damaged or defective if it has been used/installed please inspect all orders as soon as you receive them and contact HERE within 72 hours."

I am also talking to DSS direct, but looking like they are leaning towards blaming my Steeda poly diff bushings :doh:. Now Steeda sells DSS shafts, should I see what they have to say...seems like it couldn't hurt.

Car is back to smooth as glass with the stock shaft, but iv got what's looking more and more like a $760 aluminum turd laying on my garage floor.
Sponsored