Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
I asked this in another thread and everyone was caught up on 1 person saying there is barely an improvement over the MPSS tires that are oem with the GT350.

This passed weekend I saw a GT350R @ Cars and Coffee Canepa on HRE's sporting the MPS4S tires. I wanted to ask the guy how he like them, but only saw him drive away while I was in the Canepa complex. Canepa building is insane btw. If you're ever in the SF Bay Area make your way to Scotts Valley (on the way to Santa Cruz) and visit the shop during a C&C event. its a REAL C&C where free donuts and coffee are provided. The collection of cars and historic race cars is awesome. :headbang:

Anyways, back to MP4S tires.

Does anyone have these in their GT350? I'm thinking of getting these for my Viper and wanted input from you guys. How is the road noise? Improvement over the MPSS? Grip? Do they ride firmer than the MPSS tires?
I'm asking because I want to switch over to a 19" front/20" rear setup on my car. Not interested in a square setup. Currently its on pirelli p-zero tires which are shit, even considering how wide they are. I had these same tires on a '13 5.0 mustang and they were loud, less grippy, wore quick. The MPSS tires I put on were a night and day difference. Its crazy that a car on bigger wheels (19front/20rear on the mustang) had less road noise (265 front/295 rear) and obviously a ton more grip. They were the best summer tires for what I wanted (no track, daily driving and some street cruising).

Your input and experience is appreciated. Thank you!!!!
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Okay...this is tough.

I have a slight experience with the 4S's on a different car but a similar layout to the 350. My opinion is that yes they are marginally better in terms of grip. Side walls seem improved mostly more than anything. There is NO doubt that they are better, but marginally nonetheless. I'd say if it's a street car and the way the Super Sports are closing out right now, you'd have to be thick in the skull not to get the Super Sports. But unless you absolutely need all the grip you can get with the best tire wear, then get the 4S's.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Yea, the main purpose of these tires is for street use (19F/20R setup).

I plan to use either my stock wheels as the track tire or go with the tires on the Viper TA (both are 18F/19R setup).

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I got them for the velvet lettering.....

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The PS4S viper tire should be similar/a little better in the dry, and much better in the wet than the PSS viper tire.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I asked this in another thread and everyone was caught up on 1 person saying there is barely an improvement over the MPSS tires that are oem with the GT350.

This passed weekend I saw a GT350R @ Cars and Coffee Canepa on HRE's sporting the MPS4S tires. I wanted to ask the guy how he like them, but only saw him drive away while I was in the Canepa complex. Canepa building is insane btw. If you're ever in the SF Bay Area make your way to Scotts Valley (on the way to Santa Cruz) and visit the shop during a C&C event. its a REAL C&C where free donuts and coffee are provided. The collection of cars and historic race cars is awesome. :headbang:

Anyways, back to MP4S tires.

Does anyone have these in their GT350? I'm thinking of getting these for my Viper and wanted input from you guys. How is the road noise? Improvement over the MPSS? Grip? Do they ride firmer than the MPSS tires?
I'm asking because I want to switch over to a 19" front/20" rear setup on my car. Not interested in a square setup. Currently its on pirelli p-zero tires which are shit, even considering how wide they are. I had these same tires on a '13 5.0 mustang and they were loud, less grippy, wore quick. The MPSS tires I put on were a night and day difference. Its crazy that a car on bigger wheels (19front/20rear on the mustang) had less road noise (265 front/295 rear) and obviously a ton more grip. They were the best summer tires for what I wanted (no track, daily driving and some street cruising).

Your input and experience is appreciated. Thank you!!!!
Dude! That was you! It was good talking with you. Really liked your Viper! Looked great! By the way, I was the short white guy not wearing a SJ Mustangs shirt.

I'll PM you Robert's screen name (the R owner) once I find it.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Love the 4S tires on my R, but the MPSS on my GT3 were also brilliant. Can't go wrong with either!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd save your money and get the Conti Sports if they're available in the size you like. Once I figured out what tire pressure they liked on track, they were good. Not as good as I had anticipated over the Conti DWs I had prior in the same size (and ran at a lower cold temp compared to the Sports) but I paid $400 less vs MP4s... so... whatever.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Dude! That was you! It was good talking with you. Really liked your Viper! Looked great! By the way, I was the short white guy not wearing a SJ Mustangs shirt.

I'll PM you Robert's screen name (the R owner) once I find it.
Good meeting you, I knew there was a mustang club locally, but wasnt sure which forums they posted in. I posted in mustang evolution for awhile then just stopped. Wish i rolled with the SJ crew while i had my 5.0

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I'd save your money and get the Conti Sports if they're available in the size you like. Once I figured out what tire pressure they liked on track, they were good. Not as good as I had anticipated over the Conti DWs I had prior in the same size (and ran at a lower cold temp compared to the Sports) but I paid $400 less vs MP4s... so... whatever.
The ExtremeContact SPORT does not come in viper sizes and is about a second faster than the DW on track. However the ECS, PSS, & PS4S are all similar in terms of dry grip and durability on track, while the ECS & PS4S being a little better than the PSS in the wet. They're all fantastic street tires that can hold up to some track abuse.

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
If you can still find your desired sizes in the PSS and mainly to be driven on street only....
I'd say go w/ them. However, just know that the performance spectrum Most improved on the new 4S is wet weather . Yes, it is also a bit better in dry performance over the PSS which it is replacing. The 4S has a slightly stiffer sidewall . Road noise? I can tell NO discernable difference. I have approx. 1,400 mi. on my set of 4S; extremely pleased!
If you haven't already done so, I suggest a ck of Tire Rack reviews and also Grassroots Motorsports magazine did a very thorough review recently entitled " Really Life,Top Tires".
( in 19/20 sizing mounted on MP4-12c) As others have said, both are very competent excellent tires. :)

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
This passed weekend I saw a GT350R @ Cars and Coffee Canepa on HRE's sporting the MPS4S tires. I wanted to ask the guy how he like them, but only saw him drive away while I was in the Canepa complex.
Sorry, that was me. I knew you wanted to talk and we took a very quick look for you to no avail. I promised the wife I'd get home, so I had to run.

Regarding the MP4S tires. So far, I like them. They got rid of the tram-lining of the PS2C's. I also don't notice any road noise. Unfortunately, I've only had them on for a few hundred miles, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with them. They seem to handle great for street tires.

I work in Santa Clara, so if you're nearby, I could bring the 350R to work (I never do that), and you can ride on the tires and see if you like them.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can still find your desired sizes in the PSS and mainly to be driven on street only....
I'd say go w/ them. However, just know that the performance spectrum Most improved on the new 4S is wet weather . Yes, it is also a bit better in dry performance over the PSS which it is replacing. The 4S has a slightly stiffer sidewall . Road noise? I can tell NO discernable difference. I have approx. 1,400 mi. on my set of 4S; extremely pleased!
If you haven't already done so, I suggest a ck of Tire Rack reviews and also Grassroots Motorsports magazine did a very thorough review recently entitled " Really Life,Top Tires".
( in 19/20 sizing mounted on MP4-12c) As others have said, both are very competent excellent tires. :)
No wet weather driving for me, Wide tires are susceptible to sliding, f that!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Missed this C&C @ Canepa this month, but did make it last month. Keep forgetting about it but live in the area and hope to make it more often. I think next month is the last one, or was this it for the year?

-T
Sponsored