Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Anyone have experience with these tires? Worth putting on a car I'm not going to be driving in the winter?

Reason I ask is I can get a killer deal on a set of rears, like 70% off, but I don't want to jump the gun if they're that much different than the regular MPSS.

And I've read the tire rack reviews, looks like they didn't get the best snow ratings but my car will never see snow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I had them on my last car and liked them, they'll work great in the cold where the MPSS (obviously) won't. The only bizzare thing and it never made sense was the number of f*cking nails l picked-up with those tires, thought they were magnetized or something.

willyms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
They can provide good grip on wet and dry roads, though expect their snow traction to be not so good compared to true winter tires.

OP
OP
'Merica

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Yeah my Mustang is no longer my daily so it will be parked in any kind of bad weather. Thanks for the feedback!

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I had them on my last car and liked them, they'll work great in the cold where the MPSS (obviously) won't. The only bizzare thing and it never made sense was the number of f*cking nails l picked-up with those tires, thought they were magnetized or something.
Great! I just ordered a set of these to replace my nail-magnet Pirellis!! 4 flats in 4 months! What did I get myself into??:headbonk:

Sponsored

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
I have these on my Bimmer. Great tire. Huge improvement from the Contis that were on there before. Handling is noticeably improved, braking, acceleration, noise, comfort everything. Couple of issues with them is they are fragile - the sidewalls are soft and I have had to replace one already from a bubble from these rough Michigan roads. They also don't last that long, but Michelin pro-rates the warranty. And finally, icy performance leaves much to be desired.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They're probably the best performance oriented all-seasons on the market. The A/S 3+ replaced the A/S 3 this year.

If you (or someone else) ends up needing actual snow traction, Continental DWS are the better choice, but they have softer sidewalls.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
One of my top recommendations at the Volvo dealership where I work.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Agree with all positive statements mentioned above.
Have not experienced wear or integrity issues.
Awesome tire.
Have staggered 19s setup on my '08.
245/45 F 275/40 R

OP
OP
'Merica

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Good stuff! And finally, what do you think of me running 255/40r19 on front and 285/30r19 on rear? Too much of a difference? I like meat on the rear so it kind of turns me off, but the pricing on these definitely turns me on lol

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're probably the best performance oriented all-seasons on the market. The A/S 3+ replaced the A/S 3 this year.

If you (or someone else) ends up needing actual snow traction, Continental DWS are the better choice, but they have softer sidewalls.
The new BFG G-force Comp-2 A/S (made by Michelin) now holds Tire Racks number one ranking for UHP A/S tires, making it a top consideration when l upgrade my wheels and tires.
With that said it's a no brainer for the OP to jump on that set of the Michelin's especially if he can get them at the discount he mentioned.
But yes, my A/S 3's were great, they cornered excellent and short of driving a 100mph through a huge puddle l could not get them to hydroplane.
As mentioned the only issue for me was picking up all those damn nails, l lost track but l believe every tire had at least one repair (6-7 total) within the first 12-15 months l had them on the car.:frusty: My experience hopefully are not typical though.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Great info as Im planning ahead to whats next for my GT/PP PZeros. I have to worry more about cold than snow/ice, which I have a set of Xi3s I bolt on but I'd prefer to run an A/S 10months out of the year, than summers for 8 and snow for 4. If I can attain the dry grip of a summer tire and run them in the cold effectively I'd be pretty happy.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good stuff! And finally, what do you think of me running 255/40r19 on front and 285/30r19 on rear? Too much of a difference? I like meat on the rear so it kind of turns me off, but the pricing on these definitely turns me on lol
Thats a pretty big difference in diameter. You would have 27" front vs 25.7" rear and the effective gear ratio would go from 3.73 (stock) to 3.92:eyebulge:

OP
OP
'Merica

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Thats a pretty big difference in diameter. You would have 27" front vs 25.7" rear and the effective gear ratio would go from 3.73 (stock) to 3.92:eyebulge:
Yeah that's kind of making me think twice on them :(
Sponsored