Sponsored

whipple supercharger build

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
big thank you to livernoise motor sports for getting this build for me done cant wait to get her back and she how much stronger it is... for people with the whipple supercharger auto/Manuel what times have you been getting in the 1/4 mile ?

will be posting updates as i get them:ford::headbang:

Just and update just received some photos from livernoise motor sports the
Oil pump and gears are now on and now the supercharger is next then the tune big thanks again to livernoise motor sports for getting this job done for me ! Really a great shop with great people !

day 1 dropped her off

week 1 the placement of the new oil pump and gears

followed by that the intercooler and radiator were installed

and now the grand finale !!! the whipple supercharger installed just got to plug up a few hoses and she'll be on her way to getting tuned

Update!

went up to livernoise to drop of my corsa extreme cat back

and went around to the back to see a finished product !

for now it has the base tune on it but next week is when they will begin to give it the 93 tune. but i love the fit and finish on the whipple the system looks great under the engine bay ! more updates will come as i get them

again big thanks to steve at livernoise motor sports for all the help on this build real great guy
Sponsored

Last edited:

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
big thank you to livernoise motor sports for getting this build for me done cant wait to get her back and she how much stronger it is... for people with the whipple supercharger auto/Manuel what times have you been getting in the 1/4 mile ?

will be posting updates as i get them:ford::headbang:
Jay,

You will love your new setup! These Whipple's are sick!

We put a Bama Supercharger Kit including a 2.9 Whipple on an otherwise bone stock 15' and watched it go 10.8 in some pretty unforgiving conditions.

You should be seeing similar numbers and more if you have bolt ons!

Hope this helps.

-Will

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jay,

We put a Bama Supercharger Kit including a 2.9 Whipple on an otherwise bone stock 15' and watched it go 10.8 in some pretty unforgiving conditions.

Hope this helps.

-Will
Thank you ! I seen the video you guys put up what type of drag radials did you guys have on the mustang at the time ?

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
Jay,

Hope this helps.

-Will
High 10/low 11 is the perfect street car in my opinion. On a 6mt is anything needed besides half-shafts? Looking more from safety, I'm assuming a new set of tires to put it to the ground but what else is needed to avoid damage to the car?

Sponsored

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Thank you ! I seen the video you guys put up what type of drag radials did you guys have on the mustang at the time ?
We were running Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials!

My favorite all around tire for the track.

Hope this helps!

-Will

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
High 10/low 11 is the perfect street car in my opinion. On a 6mt is anything needed besides half-shafts? Looking more from safety, I'm assuming a new set of tires to put it to the ground but what else is needed to avoid damage to the car?
I have to agree with you on that one Mike!

In regards to what else you need, half-shafts are a must but then from there you are pretty much set.

You will need a clutch down the road but the stock one will hold power for a little while.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I would do a clutch right away... Only because those that I have heard had theirs fail, resulted in a complete failure of the clutch and required a tow... I hate towing my car. I went a little while without doing the clutch but I was nervous about it.

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In regards to what else you need, half-shafts are a must but then from there you are pretty much set.

You will need a clutch down the road but the stock one will hold power for a little while.

-Will
Ok sweet ! I'm running the nitto invo for now and as far as launching it do you advise me to launch it or to leave at idel keep in mind I have an auto 15

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Ok sweet ! I'm running the nitto invo for now and as far as launching it do you advise me to launch it or to leave at idel keep in mind I have an auto 15
On a street tire, I would probably recommend launching off idle as you might get hit with a spin city!

At the track with a sticky tire, definitely load the suspension and let her rip!

-Will

Sponsored

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did livernois tune your car or did they send the cpu to whipple? I also have a whipple auto and was underwhelmed with the feel of the car and seems like they detuned the auto compared to the manual. I doubt my car is making much over 500hp to the wheels if that

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Did livernois tune your car or did they send the cpu to whipple? I also have a whipple auto and was underwhelmed with the feel of the car and seems like they detuned the auto compared to the manual. I doubt my car is making much over 500hp to the wheels if that
When will you know?

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

-Will
Are half shafts a must in Auto's as well or just the manual? Also, how are the Invo's for this setup as every day tires?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Are half shafts a must in Auto's as well or just the manual? Also, how are the Invo's for this setup as every day tires?

Half shafts are never a must unless you break one. However, your chances of breaking one go up tremendously with stickier tires and a blower.

For auto, there is less chance of a failure. The converter has enough give to help protect them. Especially if you stay away from drag radials (that's actually true for both auto and manual)
Sponsored