Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Just checked mine and it looks just like the 1st picture - looks to be barely hanging on and at an angle. Tried twice to push it back on with fairly good pressure and it doesn't seem to want to pop back into place or stay. Wants to slide back to the same position. Looks like i'll be ordering from Steeda.
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Just checked mine and it looks just like the 1st picture - looks to be barely hanging on and at an angle. Tried twice to push it back on with fairly good pressure and it doesn't seem to want to pop back into place or stay. Wants to slide back to the same position. Looks like i'll be ordering from Steeda.
mine did that too, i put a tie wrap on it at first before ordering steed kit

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
mine did that too, i put a tie wrap on it at first before ordering steed kit
I put a zip tie on it and pumped the brakes and clutch a good 15 times each. Just took it for a ride and i swear it cleaned up my shifting issues. Will probably make my own fix like post #160 (with black hose) because i prefer those clamps to the ones Steeda provides.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black

Sponsored

mogo91617

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Xuan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition
I have a 15 mustang gt MT.

Will push it in when I get back from work. Since I have extra small screw style holes clamp, I will try to use them on both side for a permanent fix.

Also, I guess a lot of you guys including me who lives in long winter area probably have experienced the hard time to get into 1st and reverse gear when its cold. I assume this was because of this un-sealed point let some moisture into the system at night. I will give it a shot to see if this fix could resolve that too!

Will keep you guys posted.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I have a 15 mustang gt MT.

Will push it in when I get back from work. Since I have extra small screw style holes clamp, I will try to use them on both side for a permanent fix.

Also, I guess a lot of you guys including me who lives in long winter area probably have experienced the hard time to get into 1st and reverse gear when its cold. I assume this was because of this un-sealed point let some moisture into the system at night. I will give it a shot to see if this fix could resolve that too!

Will keep you guys posted.
No. That's due to viscous oil preventing the synchros from doing their job as fast as you're used to.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I just replaced my clutch to master cylinder line with the Steeda unit and it made a very positive noticeable difference in driveability and smoothness. I'm skeptical of parts I buy but this one is well worth the 10 minutes it takes to install. Like others have mentioned, having your significant other with small hands helps with pushing the line onto the firewall fitting. I used long needle nose pliers to tighten the clip there. As long as your reservoir cap is secured only a small amount of fluid will come out when you pull the line off the fitting, just push a few absorbent towels below it and you wont have much to worry about. Be sure to not allow any brake fluid to get on any painted surfaces as it may remove the finish.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback - greatly appreciated!

TJ

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Added the steeda line tonight and while I was at it, put a vacuum pump on the reservoir and pumped a whole bunch of times. Honestly the clutch feels notably better and just like new again.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Just installed mine; that was kind of a pain in the ass. Small hands are a big help with the firewall end of the connection and you need to have some paper towels or something ready to go to catch the fluid that comes out of the reservoir end. I knew that part going in, but the instructions glaze over it and there was more than I was expecting. Definitely will need some needle nose pliers to get the clips fully seated, especially on the firewall side.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Mine had very little leak out of reservoir. I found easiest to get to firewall coming from the left side rather driver side.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Just got a chance to drive around and I do feel a difference; the clutch pedal motion feels more consistent throughout the stroke and it just feels smoother overall. I’m doing a fluid swap next weekend but I’m already a happy camper.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Has anybody successfully installed a Remote Clutch reservoir in their GT..?
Where did you put it..? There is no space around the original Brake / Clutch tank and ABS module..

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Has anybody successfully installed a Remote Clutch reservoir in their GT..?
Where did you put it..? There is no space around the original Brake / Clutch tank and ABS module..
I'll be doing that tomorrow, I ordered the wilwood 7oz reservoir, I'm gonna be mounting it on the back side of my air intake box, I'll take some pics and post them up when I'm done.
Sponsored