Shifter options

• Total voters

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
Which shifter, which vendor?

Don't want interior vibrations or noise.

Ideal is white ball shifter, lower height ball.

Each listed brand seems quality

Any site vendors or others running deals on these
Sponsored

Last edited:

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
I went with the race spec low profile mgw and simply cannot be happier. Zero additional noise. Shifts are perfect. Also changing the trans oil helped

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have the Steeda Tri Ax short throw race shifter and have absolutely no complaints. I also run the BG syncro shift fluid in the trans. All three brands are d*mn good. Many posts of guys happy with all of them.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
MGW or nothing for me.

OP
OP

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
I have the Steeda Tri Ax short throw race shifter and have absolutely no complaints. I also run the BG syncro shift fluid in the trans. All three brands are d*mn good. Many posts of guys happy with all of them.
Yeah that's the harder decision making part is that everyone seems happy with their purchase and I'm not sure one brand really sets itself also from the others

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Call my buddy Matt. He traded his car in and has a Steeda Tri-ax he is looking to sell. If interested pm me and I will get you his number.

Nostromo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017, Barton shifter, MBRP street
Installed Barton Hybrid 3, 6 months ago. Went with transmission mount. I reckon it's fantastic c/f factory but have not tried Steeds or MGW.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
MGW or Hybrid 3 trans mounted. I love my MGW and couldn't go back to stock.

Murder5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 MT82D4
I bought a Barton Hybrid 3 and trans mounted it. It’s great other than the fact that I always get locked out of second on a high RPM shift from first. I’ve adjusted the cap 6 times now, and moved the cap as far towards the passenger side as I can and then tightened it down and even if 1st and 2nd engage great in neutral and in normal driving I always get locked out of 2nd on 5-6k rpm shifts from first.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've driven cars with the MGW (like mine) and the Steeda. At least on the cars I drove, the Steeda shifter had more "tactile feedback" knowing what gate you were headed into. The MGW in my car, anyway, doesn't have the same level of feedback, but it's certainly way better than stock and it operate smoothly without biting or any sort of inconsistency and it's weighting is perfect for me. I "tolerate" the MGW design where I have to push down to go into reverse. Frankly I find it annoying and would rather retain the pull up lever thing like the Steeda and stock shifter does. That is much easier to finagle with. Both are great options.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven cars with the MGW (like mine) and the Steeda. At least on the cars I drove, the Steeda shifter had more "tactile feedback" knowing what gate you were headed into. The MGW in my car, anyway, doesn't have the same level of feedback, but it's certainly way better than stock and it operate smoothly without biting or any sort of inconsistency and it's weighting is perfect for me. I "tolerate" the MGW design where I have to push down to go into reverse. Frankly I find it annoying and would rather retain the pull up lever thing like the Steeda and stock shifter does. That is much easier to finagle with. Both are great options.
Steeda needs a trans-mount option :cheers:

OP
OP

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
Thanks for the information. Everything seems valid and appreciate everyone's thoughts.

OP
OP

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
any site vendors running deals?
so far havent seen anything other than msrp.
Ideally dont want to wait for another holiday sale

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Honestly, if you never had any before and been running stock this whole time.... your'll be happy with any of these options. I only went with the steeda because I was able to stack a few deals together on ebay. I'm happy with my choice.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we sell alot of all of them, steeda is our most popular, but you can't go wrong with any of them
Sponsored