Sponsored

2017 Base Gt upgrades

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ok so new to the forum and to the S550 crowd. But a true Mustang enthusiast. so I have a base GT...2000 miles on her and I come across a good deal on some upgrade options for the interior... lol Parts are from a 2016 Premium Pack GT. The seats ( heated and cooled ) door panels ( with the shaker system speakers), and the 8” screen (with bezel and units to go with it)
All for just under 1400. Doesn’t sound to bad a deal to me. But I know it’s not all plug-n-play lol From what I can see the main car harness would be needed to make it all work as intended. Soooo is it really worth it or just kat skin the seats and iPad the dash?? Lmao just curious on some opinions. And I wasn’t planning on really upgrading anything any time soon... just seems like a deal I guess ... thoughts? Thx y’all
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I think you'd be better off after market, unless you just really, really want an OEM look and feel. To get a lot of it to work you'll be spending more money and time than aftermarket would cost you probably.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal if it includes everything you'd need and you have the time to get everything else sorted to allow it to work properly. Sync 3 parts alone go for a decent amount (lets say $850 all in) and (OEM) leather covers would cost ~$400 plus your time to install. For the $1400 you'd be getting seats already done so all you have to do is mount them in your car and figure out how to get the heating/cooling to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
o7low

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well I’m gonna look at the wiring on the donar car and compare to mine.. some say the main harness maybe the same in base and the premium ( just different modules and seats ) I do want to keep the OEM look. But we shall see... i was told I might just need the HVAC climate control box located behind the radio... this would also make the touch screen interface with the seats also. If not i still get my leather seats for basically the cost of one recover lol thanks for yalls input

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You can always add Ford OEM leather later. I did the swap it's not too bad. Search ebay and here on the marketplace.

Also, cheap goodies. :)

www.custommods.tictail.com

Last edited:

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Better tires should always be your first upgrade IMHO!

Last edited:
OP
OP
o7low

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Better tires should always be your first upgrade IMHO!
Tires and wheels will be changed at replacement... I just came across the parts at a good price is all. lol wasn’t planning on upgrading anything real soon lol ...car just rolled 2000 miles

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Take your time and do it right the 1st. time, ask me how I know.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Well I’m gonna look at the wiring on the donar car and compare to mine.. some say the main harness maybe the same in base and the premium ( just different modules and seats ) I do want to keep the OEM look. But we shall see... i was told I might just need the HVAC climate control box located behind the radio... this would also make the touch screen interface with the seats also. If not i still get my leather seats for basically the cost of one recover lol thanks for yalls input ��
Look at the Sync 3 swap thread. The "harness" in the Premium car for the 8" display isn't a simple harness its the entire dash harness which Rob keeps for engine swaps. The HVAC system in the Premium is also physically different due to the dual climate control system.

OP
OP
o7low

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah the HVAC controls are out... too much integrated ( auto climate control/ seat controls, main harness changes ect ect )
Sooo i'll just get the Sync 3, OEMradios sell a conversion pigtail for the 4" to 8" screen upgrade... Just have to setup for my car settings ( manual heat/air controls ) and use different bezel. I'll just nix the leather seats idea until I find some NONE heated/AC leather seats. lol I may still work on the door panels though... :-) Thanks again for everyone's input

OP
OP
o7low

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OK so the car also has a rear end with a 3.55 gear... should I just swap the whole rear end..? Car only has @ 20000 miles...would be easier than pulling apart the gear itself. and can probably just get it instead of the seats :-) even swap

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OK so the car also has a rear end with a 3.55 gear... should I just swap the whole rear end..? Car only has @ 20000 miles...would be easier than pulling apart the gear itself. and can probably just get it instead of the seats :-) even swap
"The whole rear end"?????

You know Mustangs aren't live axel anymore?

OP
OP
o7low

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
"The whole rear end"?????

You know Mustangs aren't live axel anymore?
Yeah I know lol but the whole system would be great for easy swap as a unit and/or parts for the future :-) lol
Sponsored