BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just ordered the set as well. I when I changed my 2013 Scion FR-S' transmission and rear differential oil to Motul, it made a huge difference. Shifts weren't rough in the morning when it was cold, didn't have to double clutch to get it into 2nd, and overall was a lot smoother than stock.

I'm hoping the same happens with both of these too. Fluid swap was one of my favorite overall mods because you could feel it.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the set as well. I when I changed my 2013 Scion FR-S' transmission and rear differential oil to Motul, it made a huge difference. Shifts weren't rough in the morning when it was cold, didn't have to double clutch to get it into 2nd, and overall was a lot smoother than stock.

I'm hoping the same happens with both of these too. Fluid swap was one of my favorite overall mods because you could feel it.
Living where you are, you'll have no vices with the fluid change. Here when it's really cold, it's a little more notchy at first than stock, but after it warms up its much better.

2017GrabberBlueSC

Christian
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP in Grabber Blue w/Roush phase 2
I used the BG M6G kit and the transmission shifts are night and day. Wore out my shoulder pumping 300 times to get all that fluid in but maybe I should have skipped the heavy shoulder work out the day prior. Noted for next time!!

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I guess this is as good a place to insert a pertinent observation/opinion:

I swapped in RP Synchromax (and their 75W-90 stuff in the rear) a few weeks ago. (For those that are not aware, RP is one of the few manufacturers that does make an approved synthetic fluid for our cars)

In the weeks leading up to the change -- and ever since -- it has been brutally cold here; in the area of -20°C during the nights. And IMO the shifts are certainly no better...and perhaps 15% worse.

I had a nice chat with their techsupp fellow, and he offers that - while I'm not the ONLY one to have said this -- I am definitely in the minority. And he suggested I try a vial of the Motorcraft XL-3 FM and see how that feels.

I am aware that the FoMoCo requirement for that additive was discontinued in 2014 (or was it 2011?) but Mister RP offered that it certainly won't hurt...and may very well help. So I ordered a tub from Autonation, and we'll see. It will be a bit before I can get it loaded in; partly the cold, but mainly the hoist access.

I'll follow up.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Order in to Optimum Performance for Syncro Shift II kit. I hope it live up to its billing.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It helps a lot, but there's only so much you can do with fluid for a transmission that's got inherent problems.
I found it to be a pretty significant improvement. Adding the mgw made it feel amazing.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I found it to be a pretty significant improvement. Adding the mgw made it feel amazing.
^^^this. Best manual tranny i’ve ever driven...after those mods. It just worked. I think it even felt just a smidge better than my 3160 now

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
^^^this. Best manual tranny i’ve ever driven...after those mods. It just worked. I think it even felt just a smidge better than my 3160 now
So I just spent a few days driving a 3160 in the GT350, and other than being a little bit notchy, it was pretty amazing. BG fluid in that transmission would be :love:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
So I just spent a few days driving a 3160 in the GT350, and other than being a little bit notchy, it was pretty amazing. BG fluid in that transmission would be :love:
Excellent foresight ;)

And you’d be correct, the combo of that and the MGW once again=homerun

This combo will go in any car i own going forward

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just did the swap at almost 27k miles. No metal in the oil, I’m happy to report. The difference is fairly signicant felt through an MGW shifter. Should’ve done it thousands of miles ago!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why anyone with a manual S550 doesn't do this is beyond me.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Took my Mustang (stupidly) to Chicago during last year's Christmas time. Had BG in the transmission and I have an MGW shifter. Not a single complaint, no notch, no nothing. I did break both rear lower bumper supports due to snow accumulation on a lowered car, but... such is life. :headbonk:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased the BG Syncro II fluid for my new 2017 Vert. Waiting to install it with the steeda base bushing bracket on the stock shifter assembly. Really looking forward to the results. I had a Barton Hybrid on my 2016 coupe but just never felt comfortable with it. (did not do the fluid swap on the coupe) 1st to second would catch if I pulled too hard. I did adjust the side calibration, but never did get around to removing one set of the springs. I guess I just never felt comfortable with the shorter throw and the stiffness of the gate..always had to think about my shifts at times. Will see how this works before making wholesale changes on the shifter.... I am applying what I learned from my coupe and taking things slow this time.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Does OP every have coupons?
Sponsored