OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Okay, want to make sure I understand the wiring correctly before I tear into the install part.

I have base radio that I am swaping for the Sync 3 with Nav. The ACM I didn't swap out, as I am not interested in Sat radio or HD.

The APIM harness I need to add a pin to 8 and that gets ran to the new hub and connector along with pin 38. I understand that part pretty well, positive and neg for the hub.

Pin 5 and 6 gets swaped to pin 12 and 13 (mic + and -) slot? Correct?

Pin 16 and 17 gets swaped to pin 19 and 20 the same way?

I add a pin to 14 and 15 (backup Cam) and that goes to the wires that was connected original to the 4.2.screen? Can I cut these wires and extended them to the APIM connector or does the connector stay and I just tie into the wires with a little soldering? Is this because of the can-bus system or the factor to allow to go back to stock in the future easily?

I then add pin 16 and 17 and these also go to the factory GPMS wires and gets soldered inline because of the can-bus system and the way the connector is wired. Not just cut the connector off and extened the wires or cut the wires in half?

Then because I am not swaping ACM's for Sat and HD I don't need to do anything to pins 23, 24, 25 and 26. They can stay in there current pin location and nothing needed to change?

Pin 29 then I need to swap to pin 31 location?

Pin 51 and 52 is also something that is not needed because I am not adding a new ACM with Sat and HD, is this correct? This is the data link for Sirius Radio?

Hopefully I am not missing something and understand the wiring process. Going to tackle this over the weekend.

Thanks again for this thread!!
All correct.. On pin 38; There is a wire that is there now, remove that wire and tape it back, it is no longer needed. Then add a pin and wire to 38 and 8 and run those to the hub. Don't cut any wires though. Also make sure that you have a pair of wire strippers such as the Klein Tools 11046. The CAN wires are a bitch to properly strip.
Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
All correct.. On pin 38; There is a wire that is there now, remove that wire and tape it back, it is no longer needed. Then add a pin and wire to 38 and 8 and run those to the hub. Don't cut any wires though. Also make sure that you have a pair of wire strippers such as the Klein Tools 11046. The CAN wires are a bitch to properly strip.
Perfect, what I needed to know to make sure I was tracking on the wiring.

Hopefully will get it all done over the weekend and then get started on the programming to make everything work correctly. Will be my first time messing with Forscan, so hopefully I can figure it all out. I picked up a new Dell XPS 13 laptop, should be here Tuesday next week. I needed a Windows laptop and this just gave me an excuse to buy one.. lol

I plan to swap the gauges also to the digital gauges shortly when ever the parts come off backorder.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
[MENTION=23177]5pointOh[/MENTION] On another note, I looked into the seat thing and it may be easier than I thought.
Interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to locate a set locally but at least if some pop up it might be a viable option. Also while I know that dual zone HVAC doesnt work since the base cars dont have the proper shutters, I have seen people in some of the S550 groups mention that the auto climate control works after the sync 3 swap. Is that something that is turned on in Forscan?

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Sync 3 swap DTC's

Installed a sync 3 NAV (including the HD ACM) from a 2016 escape into my 2015 base V6 mustang which had been swapped to a sync 2 a year ago. I have always had the FCIM DTC codes after the sync 2 swap using a premium FCIM bezel. Codes: B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor, B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor, B10B5 - Left Panel Air Discharge Temperature, B10B6 - Left Floor Air Discharge Temperature, B11E6 - Right HVAC Damper Position Sensor.

Now I have a APIM DTC: U0238 - Lost Communication With Digital Audio Control Module D

What could be causing the FCIM and now the APIM DTC' codes

Tried changing 7A7-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx to a "A", but it did not clear the FCIM codes.
Thanks for all of the help this OP has provided myself and others swapping to sync 3.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to locate a set locally but at least if some pop up it might be a viable option. Also while I know that dual zone HVAC doesnt work since the base cars dont have the proper shutters, I have seen people in some of the S550 groups mention that the auto climate control works after the sync 3 swap. Is that something that is turned on in Forscan?
Auto climate works just fine because it’s a function of the FCIM and APIM

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
What do you guys select from the dropdown when searching for the touchscreen and sync module in usedcarparts.com or the other site?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Alright, I believe I got it all installed and running.

Now I just need to do the programming with Forscan.

Everything seems to be working correctly, I obviously still have the Lincoln splash screen until I can change the theme. All the FMIC buttons seem to work expect the Mode button and hazard toggle. The hazard toggle requires up to turn on and then back down and up and back down to turn off.

What is the inbuiltdata for the Ford GT Theme? Or is it possible?

20180211_180906-1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Right, but what do you select in the dropdown? Radio/CD?

Also do we have a part number for the screen and sync module?
A few pages back I posted a screen shot.

It’s not a part number search, it’s an application search, most Ford electronic s don’t have part numbers, they’re engineering numbers and it doesn’t really help on car-part. Check any Ford from 16 and up for Radio/CD, TV screen, HVAC Control

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
A few pages back I posted a screen shot.

It’s not a part number search, it’s an application search, most Ford electronic s don’t have part numbers, they’re engineering numbers and it doesn’t really help on car-part. Check any Ford from 16 and up for Radio/CD, TV screen, HVAC Control
Except Fusion, it didnt get Sync 3 until 2017(I want to say there are a handful of others like Explorer and Taurus as well) .

Status
Not open for further replies.