Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
A Ford official vehemently denied a report proclaiming the death of the V8 engine in the Mustang and F-150 models after 2017.

The article from Horsepower Kings quoted an unnamed Ford representative as stating the following:

"Ford is definitely phasing out the V8 motor altogether. CAFE and EPA are working very hard discreetly to make sure of that. There is quite a bit going on at Ford that the public is in the dark about. The impression that I am getting is that Ford wants to continue it’s V8 program, but things have (rather recently) taken a new direction, presumably from CAFE/EPA pressure in mid to late 2013."
We spoke to Ford Global Powertrain Technology Communications Manager, Paul Seredynski, who told us that there's "No basis of truth in that report".

We also asked him a few more questions about Ford's engine plans and choices...
(More)

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/ford-official-we-will-not-drop-v8-from.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Well yeah, of course. I can't believe so many people bought into this non-story.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
This story and the other mean nothing to me. Typical political response.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
CS: Will we see a production EcoBoost V8?

PS: We do not discuss future product

This comment sums it up. The V8 is a 'current' product. What holds future will not be discussed. It can go either way. No confirm or deny.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah. I also remember reading an interview with some head of engineering from BMW when the E90 M3 was first announced (in like 2006 or so) when he said that BMW would never use turbocharged engines because that didn't fit BMW's "ultimate driving machine" corporate identity.

Sponsored

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

This comment sums it up. The V8 is a 'current' product. What holds future will not be discussed. It can go either way. No confirm or deny.
Pretty much. Corporate culture can change real quick when the bean counters are forcing efficiency numbers.

That said, and most people will disagree, I'm perfectly fine with the V8 going only to the top end cars like the GT350 and/or GT500. The way I see it, the engineers at Ford created the S550, and I am enjoying this more than any other car I have ever driven. If they can engineer an even better driving experience in 5+ years in a TT 6 cylinder, I'll enjoy the hell out of that too. :cheers:

I'm relatively young and work in tech, so maybe just embracing new technology is in my nature. :D

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
True or not for now, the end result is going to be 4's and 6's. If they do continue the V8 it makes sense they would put it in a higher end model, Mach 1, Boss, or GT 350/500

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
In other news, the sky is blue. Btw the V8 has been dying for decades. Yet they just developed a new one for the GT350. Go figure.

When are they going to stop falling for that site and their never ending "unnamed sources"

Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Not dropping the V8... and other things.

Hey guys, couldn't find an existing conversation about the rumor about the V8 going away.

Here is an article rebuttal from Ford RE that rumor.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/ford-official-we-will-not-drop-v8-from.html

What I also find interesting is this part:

Sounds pretty clearly like a sly way of not saying yes but not saying no but also sneaking in that EcoBoost V8 IS a future product...

EDIT: Thanks for moving this post mods - I've been sick and it's really hot lol.

Last edited:

NavyChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang TY
V8 is not going. Anywhere. :amen:eek:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i don't really want a ecoboost v8... like the v8 is meant for a super charger... unless they want to call it an ecocharged v8....

ford would be out their damn minds to drop the v8! you think aston, jag, etc are gonna drop the v8? nope

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
i don't really want a ecoboost v8... like the v8 is meant for a super charger... unless they want to call it an ecocharged v8....

ford would be out their damn minds to drop the v8! you think aston, jag, etc are gonna drop the v8? nope

Consider how much the entry price is for V8 anything in those brands

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO