Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
I'm confused, so is this forged wheel below also a PP2 wheel that nobody seemed to be mentioning? Or is this an option on the PP1 package?

ford-Mustang-2018.8.jpg

also here it doesn't state PP2. Only the dark wheel.

attachment.jpg

Reactions: 00
OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I'm confused, so is this forged wheel below also a PP2 wheel that nobody seemed to be mentioning? Or is this an option on the PP1 package?

ford-Mustang-2018.8.jpg

also here it doesn't state PP2. Only the dark wheel.

attachment.jpg
Those will be an option on PP1 when the wheels become available.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Interesting pricing for cars not even delivered yet. Over $50K even with 3K off.
Some dealers do have them. I had one behind me in my neighborhood yesterday. It may be a refresh, but still a current gen mustang and some dealerships go for volume sales. I'd bet it is still above invoice. Heck, I got 10k off my trucks MSRP before it hit the lot for the 2015 MY which was just below invoice.

The 2018 mustang can easily exceed $50k with the options. Still a bargain given the performance and overall features of the car. Most of the cars on the lots will be totally loaded and I'm sure they will have massive rebates once they figure out that folks aren't willing to pay 50k for a mustang which used to be targeted at young adults. Most young adults can afford 50k.

I am 42 and will be getting one as a weekend/fun car. I plan to order mine since I only want certain options. Base GT with PP2, 301A, active exhaust (probably included in PP2), and that's about it. Should around 44k since the PP2 is expected to be about 6k. I dont need safety package, active alarm, shaker audio, the fancy dash, etc. Hard to find stripped down versions on the lots because dealers like the wow factor to sell cars. I don't mind waiting a couple months to pick up the car. I always order my vehicles.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
More along this style...

Ford-GT-Le-Mans-return-02.jpg

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Some dealers do have them. I had one behind me in my neighborhood yesterday.

I am 42 and will be getting one as a weekend/fun car. I plan to order mine since I only want certain options. Base GT with PP2, 301A, active exhaust (probably included in PP2), and that's about it. Should around 44k since the PP2 is expected to be about 6k. I dont need safety package, active alarm, shaker audio, the fancy dash, etc. Hard to find stripped down versions on the lots because dealers like the wow factor to sell cars. I don't mind waiting a couple months to pick up the car. I always order my vehicles.
No dealers currently have 2018 Mustangs on the lot. Start of production was originally set for Oct 2nd, and now looks to be late Nov. If you see a 2018 on the road, it is part of the pre-production test fleet. Any dealer offering a 2018 for sale is just trying to sell you part of their initial stock order. Seedy thing to do, imo. No one knows exactly when delivery will be at this time.

In regards to the PP2, don't expect it to start for less than $45k (43k with x-plan). That is my opinion based on Ford's latest pricing strategy.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No dealers currently have 2018 Mustangs on the lot. Start of production was originally set for Oct 2nd, and now looks to be late Nov. If you see a 2018 on the road, it is part of the pre-production test fleet. Any dealer offering a 2018 for sale is just trying to sell you part of their initial stock order. Seedy thing to do, imo. No one knows exactly when delivery will be at this time.

In regards to the PP2, don't expect it to start for less than $45k (43k with x-plan). That is my opinion based on Ford's latest pricing strategy.
Interesting. I definitely saw one in Bel Air MD and it had paper plates.

My price guess was based on the current build tool plus the rumored price of the PP2 at $6k. My estimate was around 45k Of course, dealers could mark the price up but typically they don't unless it is a special model, not just a GT with a package. My estimate was $44580 which is a base GT with 301A and PP1, magneride, and active exhaust which together is more than $6500 not including the 301A which will be required for the PP2.

Regardless, I would be happy with $45k ish and even happier once rebates inevitably kick in.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32160]Cgocifer[/MENTION] $4k in rebates plus invoice pricing which was about $3k off MSRP.

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=32160]Cgocifer[/MENTION] $4k in rebates plus invoice pricing which was about $3k off MSRP.
Oh, my experience has only been with negotiated selling price which in my case has usually bottomed out at the MSRP minus any available manufacturer rebates plus maybe a little dealer rebate. I've never had a deal that was invoice minus rebates. If so, that would be great. Lol

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Interesting. I definitely saw one in Bel Air MD and it had paper plates.

My price guess was based on the current build tool plus the rumored price of the PP2 at $6k. My estimate was around 45k Of course, dealers could mark the price up but typically they don't unless it is a special model, not just a GT with a package. My estimate was $44580 which is a base GT with 301A and PP1, magneride, and active exhaust which together is more than $6500 not including the 301A which will be required for the PP2.

Regardless, I would be happy with $45k ish and even happier once rebates inevitably kick in.
That would be about exactly my plan. For '17 I was looking at the Premium, but the 301A has most of what you get with a premium minus the leather, and since I live in the desert leather was not necessarily a plus.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Some dealers do have them. I had one behind me in my neighborhood yesterday. It may be a refresh, but still a current gen mustang and some dealerships go for volume sales. I'd bet it is still above invoice. Heck, I got 10k off my trucks MSRP before it hit the lot for the 2015 MY which was just below invoice.

The 2018 mustang can easily exceed $50k with the options. Still a bargain given the performance and overall features of the car. Most of the cars on the lots will be totally loaded and I'm sure they will have massive rebates once they figure out that folks aren't willing to pay 50k for a mustang which used to be targeted at young adults. Most young adults can afford 50k.

Pricing is also very regional as well. It's hard to find good deals in SoCal, for instance. They are here, you just have to work for them.

You bring up a good point about sales though. Once Ford realizes that, like you said, Mustangs aren't moving due to price, they will definitely be ready to deal. $44k is a lot of money for a Mustang though, but at least the '18 upgrades are really, really, nice. Will it be a better car than a Camaro 2SS though? Time will tell.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pricing is also very regional as well. It's hard to find good deals in SoCal, for instance. They are here, you just have to work for them.

You bring up a good point about sales though. Once Ford realizes that, like you said, Mustangs aren't moving due to price, they will definitely be ready to deal. $44k is a lot of money for a Mustang though, but at least the '18 upgrades are really, really, nice. Will it be a better car than a Camaro 2SS though? Time will tell.
It's all relative. We now live in an age where pickup trucks cost $60k+ when optioned out. Heck, my truck was $50 grand, no leather, no nav, etc. I paid 42k after rebates, but still. It's a RAM ecodiesel and those things are pricey. My neighbor just bought a mid level Toyota Highlander for $45k and my wife's 4-Runner Limited was $42k.

A mustang is not and should not be thought of as an economy car. It's an American performance car with performance on par with cars that cost twice as much especially with the 2018 changes. Even at close to $50k its a bargain.

In my opinion, I'm glad that it is moving slightly up market. So tired of the "its just a Mustang" view of the car. What's nice about an American sports/muscle car is that they are generally affordable to a wide range of folks depending on the model and how it is optioned. Unlike a 911, there are entry level Mustang models that can be had for under $30k.

Having owned Fords recently, I can do without the leather. Frankly, because it is kept affordable, the leather isn't of the highest quality and quickly creases, scratches easily, and stains easily. So, for me, it isn't worth the extra cost especially since my main use will be occasional weekend sunny day drives through the countryside. I'd rather put the cash into the go-fast goodies. ;-)

Bottom line, the Mustang is a steal at 40-50 grand considering other cars and trucks for that matter in the same price range. What else can you buy NEW for that price that can go zero to sixty in 3-4 seconds, looks as good, sounds as good, can perform on a curvy track as well, has a back seat (kinda), and is still considered a cool car? 'Merica!! :headbang: $45 grand is not a lot of money for what you get. The Camaro and Challenger are both around that price too. Also bargains.

I mean come on, these things will embarrass M3s, some Vettes, and maybe even some 911s not to mention Caymans, Boxters, and the like.

I've got my $45k ready and am happy to fork it over for such a great car for the $$.

As for the Camaro, the Mustang already beats it in comparisons due to the Mustang's higher levels of refinement. Chevy is still stuck in the cheap plastic parts bin era for their interiors. I love the LS and LT series engines; I put an LS3 in my 65 Chevelle, but Chevy interiors are still crap. So, the Mustang IS a better car and now I think the Mustang will outperform and out class the Camaros.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP

Agreed. There are some great deals in Florida right now. I'm trading my 3-month old EB for a GT with Performance Pkg. And they are giving me what I paid for my EB,which I got a great deal on. $30,400 OTD. I found a deal and my local dealer asked if he could find the same car and beat it by $500,would I buy from him. Later that afternoon,he called and deal done.
Sponsored