Sponsored

Best intake and tune?

WindyCityStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Title says it all. I currently have Roush axlebacks, Ford Racing X-Pipe and I want to get a CAI with a tune. What could I expect power wise with all of that? Who offers the best bang for the buck? And last but not least if I decide to add an intake manifold later on can I get another tune for that or do I have to pay for another tune? Thanks for helping me mod my car!
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
x4/N gauge with Lund tune and jlt cai. Yes you do have to pay extra ($50) for manifold retune unless you go with different company that offers lifetime tune. I chose Lund and I am pretty happy so far.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
1,000,0001 topics on this. It's all preference really. There is no best. Everyone will say something different. I went with Lund and after a couple hiccups so far so good.

OP
OP

WindyCityStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6MT
1,000,0001 topics on this. It's all preference really. There is no best. Everyone will say something different. I went with Lund and after a couple hiccups so far so good.
What were some of the hiccups you faced with Lund?

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I'm also curious about what happened with that. Thinking about getting a Lund tune as well.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Issues with stumbling and stalling with my GT350 IM. They sent me a tune for the GT350 TB and after a month they figured it out. I was running the stock TB.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Go with Palm Beach Dyno, JLT and SCT X4. You'll be happy you did:)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Several good tunes and CAI's to go with, and the vendors we have on this forum, you literally can't lose. My personal experience is that I have the Steeda CAI, and had a Steeda tune, . . . ZERO problems. Since I got the GT350 IM, I now have the Lund tune with my Steeda CAI, . . .ZERO problems.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Another vote for the PMAS paired with a Lund Racing tune. I did some independent testing due to my own curiosity, I also really liked the R&D behind the PMAS (I read the 30+ page thread, every post). You can read my testing that was done at the track in this link:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60847

Since doing that testing, and a little more seat time, the car has run [email protected] so it's chuggin' and making power. We have a power pack put together and I recommend using the Lund Racing nGauge for the tune, you can view the details here:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...-and-lund-racing-custom-tuned-programmer.html

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! :cheers:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Another vote for the PMAS paired with a Lund Racing tune. I did some independent testing due to my own curiosity, I also really liked the R&D behind the PMAS (I read the 30+ page thread, every post). You can read my testing that was done at the track in this link:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60847

Since doing that testing, and a little more seat time, the car has run [email protected] so it's chuggin' and making power. We have a power pack put together and I recommend using the Lund Racing nGauge for the tune, you can view the details here:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...-and-lund-racing-custom-tuned-programmer.html

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! :cheers:
I just ordered my Pmas tune required intake from you.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Awesome, we appreciate that! Enjoy :cheers:
since i already have a lund tune with stock airbox... what improvement would i see with getting this CAI and will it require a updated tune?
Sponsored