Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I've tried 3 different glass cleaners on my car over the past few months. Out of the three, one stands out more than the others. And it isn't the one you'd suspect. But Sprayway's Glass Cleaner has given me better results than the other two.

Invisible Glass left my windshield very clean for the first day. But when driving around on day two, there was a dusting of dirt/dust that had collected on the window. This pronounced the wiping marks from the cloth, making my glass no longer invisible. I also noticed one spot on the windshield that had fogged over. This fogging only happened with this product, and was not noticeable upon initial cleaning.

Rain-x left my windshield very slimy for a number of days. I did not like this product at all. Living in the desert, we don't get enough rain for this product to have an upside.

Glass Cleaner left my windshield very clean for a number of days. When seeing the packaging you'd probably dismiss it, but it works quite well. It was referred to me when my wife and I purchased a gloss black piano. I had my doubts about keeping this color looking clean, especially considering my wife teaches little kids on the piano. And I never even considered using it on my car, until reading about people complaining how difficult it was to keep a black car looking clean. Something clicked, so I tried this stuff on my windshield. Love it. The results of this product far outweigh the packaging design.
really is the best, try it on chrome!
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
necro'd

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I've own my '15 for only one week thus far, and have washed it twice. I went all out and spent $40K+ on my midlife crisis "GF" car, and I'm not going to spend all that money and not pamper her!

I vacuum, wash, towel dry, and detail the interior, wheels and tires. I'm not going to wax for a few months, as I don't want to damage the paint by doing so too soon. I've spent about $200 on Adam's products, that I should be receiving next week.

My Mustang is my hobby. I LOVE this car!!! I baby it to some degree by not driving it too harshly (never above 5,000 RPM). The cosmetic condition will always be the same. I'm the guy that parks it far away in a parking lot, preferably on a corner space. This car brings out the OCD in me, and it's nice to look forward to something whenever I hit the start button.

I'm in love, and want the whole world to know it by keeping my baby clean. I even keep a lint free towel and a half gallon of tightly sealed water in my back seat in case it gets "smudged" or "marked" while driving. My wife things I have a screw loose, which is her prerogative. ;)
you know Clinton started the 10% ethanol crap right? So we get 10% worse mpg. And me no like Obummer

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
My GT is not a DD so it gets cleaned after every drive. I love knowing that the car is always clean and ready to go.

Sponsored

nelzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wash my GT once a week, I would wash her every day if I had the time...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Necro or not, it floated to the top of the section, so here goes.
Are you a wash-aholic?
How anal are you?
Nope, and not very.

A quick hand wash before each track day outing or every month to six weeks in the off-season is about it. The glass gets cleaned more often, and bird droppings are promptly attended to. Basically it gets about the same attention to cleaning as any other car I've ever owned. Two or more washings a week or daily touch-ups . . . I can't even comprehend doing that.

I'd really rather spend the time driving it.

Norm

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
On Thursdays, I either give it a rinse/dry or a quick run over with detailer.
Fri, Sat, Sun, drive it. Hit it with the duster here and there. Every couple of weeks I hand wash and maybe every 2 months wax it. It does live in the garage when not on the road and I almost never drive it in bad weather. DIB isn't as bad as black but it isn't far behind, I think. I come from a silver car where water spots weren't obvious. That rear black panel and the black PP wheels must be the stuff of nightmares for those with OCD.

What do you guys use for the exterior black plastic?

Sponsored

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT w/PP
i try for once a week since i daily it, usually end up about once every 2 weeks sadly.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I cheat and use the drive-through cash wash 3-4 times a week, probably will be the same with the GT.
No problem with that my friend. I too live in a hot and humid area of the country, and washing it in the summer can be brutal. A decent drive through car wash is not going to harm our cars.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I bet if you do this you will NEVER subject your car to that again

Awwww, c,mon man. it is just a piece of metal, that is painted. A decent modern car wash isn't going to hurt your car. I bet if YOU spent a summer in Houston, or Florida, you WOULD subject your car to this. Again, and Again......
Sponsored