Sponsored

1.4 sixties? yeah we can do that. BMR FTW

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
Not the optimal night to be at the track, but we made the best of it. First time I've ever seen two accidents back to back, track was down nearly two hours. Still got a pass or two in with some new BMR suspension stuff,(vertical links, bushings, Viking shocks) looking forward to next Thursday. 10.55 @ 131 1.49 60 ft 93 octane
6 speed
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Kicking ass and taking names Sam. I like it.

I believe this is the first S550 I have seen get into the 1.4's....that is not gutted. Props to you sir.

Props to that wicked suspension set-up too. :cheers:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
That thing launched - after seeing this run in person I had to watch the video to see if the wheels came off the ground or not. ;)

Great run Sam.

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
Awesome can't wait to pull me some 1.4's myself I'm about to order me some more goodies here soon when Kelly gets back to his office. What was you launching at? I've pulled a 1.7 60ft with 19" DR so far slicks are coming tho.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Cant wait for my BMR suspension parts to come in... =)

OP
OP
Sam@Coastal

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
However ignorant I may be..

I have always understood a good drag suspension setup is a poor corning setup and vice versa, but the parts you have listed appear to be the same (minus sway bars) that others are touting as excellent road-course performers. At least I think that's what I have read.

Is it solely because of adjustable shocks in the rear making the difference between great cornering capability and launch capability?

-Jeremy

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
However ignorant I may be..

I have always understood a good drag suspension setup is a poor corning setup and vice versa, but the parts you have listed appear to be the same (minus sway bars) that others are touting as excellent road-course performers. At least I think that's what I have read.

Is it solely because of adjustable shocks in the rear making the difference between great cornering capability and launch capability?

-Jeremy
An IRS car with good geometry, and good suspension pieces can do both well (handling / drag race)

One major reason is because of the fact that an IRS platform most always squats, AND does not have the body roll under WOT accel that a Solid Rear Axle car does.

On a drag oriented car, the goal is the reduce roll as much as possible WHILE reducing squat as much as possible. When you do this to a solid rear axle car, it makes for worse handling typically. When you do this to an IRS car, it helps both handling and drag race applications.

On that note, the downfall to the IRS cars are the fact they squat. That is a catch 22.....as squatting will promote weight transfer and enable traction....HOWEVER, excessive squat/weight transfer = more wasted energy, reduced reaction times, and slower to get from point A to B. :cheers:

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
An IRS car with good geometry, and good suspension pieces can do both well (handling / drag race)

One major reason is because of the fact that an IRS platform most always squats, AND does not have the body roll under WOT accel that a Solid Rear Axle car does.

On a drag oriented car, the goal is the reduce roll as much as possible WHILE reducing squat as much as possible. When you do this to a solid rear axle car, it makes for worse handling typically. When you do this to an IRS car, it helps both handling and drag race applications.

On that note, the downfall to the IRS cars are the fact they squat. That is a catch 22.....as squatting will promote weight transfer and enable traction....HOWEVER, excessive squat/weight transfer = more wasted energy, reduced reaction times, and slower to get from point A to B. :cheers:
Very good information. Thank you [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Sponsored