Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
not precisely. inner o ring is the sealing o ring and the outer one helps orienting the hose in a horizontal (axial) position. it is much less likely to get out of position enough to leak.
Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
The whole thing is half ass. I wonder what the flash point of DOT 4 is as it will dump over the cat

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I believe Ford should have used a double O ring quick connector instead of single o-ring since it is subject to non-axial loads (line sagging with fluid in it). As long as the connector on the hose does not separate from the retaining clip, it won't get undone and drain brake fluid reservoir though.
If you look closely at the photos in Post #13 you can see the sealing part is the inner rubber sleeve that spans most of the length of the nipple. And the hard plastic tube has a ridge around it that locks into the groove near the reservoir side of the rubber seal.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1882945&postcount=13

As I showed in the the shop manual, it's simply a push on/pull off type of connection that relies on the rubber sleeve being all the way over the flared end of the nipple, and the plastic outer tube locked into the groove of the inner rubber seal. IMO, once the end of the tube is fully seated on the nipple, it should seal and stay put from that point forward.

Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Adding another data point. Here's my before and after. Had a tiny bit of fluid residue around the tip black tube. Was able to push it on further and it stayed put.
Beforeresized.jpg
Afterresized.jpg

Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Checked for the hell of it. Mine was loose too on a 5 month old 17 GT PP lol. Car just rolled 3k miles and was built 01/17. Thanks Ford!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Checked for the hell of it. Mine was loose too on a 5 month old 17 GT PP lol. Car just rolled 3k miles and was built 01/17. Thanks Ford!
Seems the same incompetent guy on the assembly line is still putting these clutch fluid tubes on the nipples. :doh:

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just checked my line & it was like the first picture In the above post. Problem is that there is no slack & I can't get it all the way tight like the second pic.

Is there somewhere to get some slack further down the line?

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT w/PP
Checked mine yesterday, it pushed on one more click but no fluid leaking or wetness
Sponsored