DSS broken half shafts

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Mine started backing out when I first installed them. I recieved the new bolts and applied loctite to them and tightened them back up. So far no issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well I received a message back from DSS. They are stating that "A defective part would be a broken part or pre-mature worn part. Bolts that came loose in a car "over a year in service" is not a defective part."

Yea it has been a year since I had them installed however my vehicle only has 6,000 miles on it and those halfshafts have been in for maybe 2000 miles. So I would say that is pre-maturely worn.

They also said that "a bolt coming loose is a maintenance thing and should be checked from time to time" So i guess we need to check the bolts in our DSS halfshafts every 1000-2000 miles as ROUTINE maintenance. I have never heard of such a thing before and I know the ford ones do not have this issue.

So make sure all of you who have had your half-shafts installed by a shop to bring your car in every 500-2000 miles to check those bolts otherwise you will end up stranded on the road with a very costly fix. This will be the last time i purchase anything from DSS.

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well hopefully this thread shows people how dss really works. I'm sorry for your troubles but that you for posting up. Gforce will be the only company I use from now on.
agreed, I hope people read this thread.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Mine started backing out when I first installed them. I recieved the new bolts and applied loctite to them and tightened them back up. So far no issues.
That's because they had a hardware issue. This can't be anything else.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I heard they also have an issue with boots Tearing & spraying grease everywhere on the undercarriage.