BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sitting on my desk to go out in the morning Sir! Thank you for the support!
Thanks! I can't wait to try it. My trans/shifter has been feeling pretty good lately (got 35k on the car), but for the first handful in the morning and every once in a while randomly. With the weather getting colder, that cold notchiness is coming back.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Ordered on thurs n got it monday even in a hurricane haha
Did trans n rear diff with the 140 n only drove it 10 miles but could surely feel the difference!

Excellent product with great service!

BG products ftw

Will give an update as I drive it more

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Are you guys shipping to the UAE again yet?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any point in swapping out the differential fluid with 4k miles on the car? I have a manual transmission. Just deciding if i should buy just the transmission fluid change or both?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Any point in swapping out the differential fluid with 4k miles on the car? I have a manual transmission. Just deciding if i should buy just the transmission fluid change or both?
It doesn't hurt to flush out the original oil from break in. 75W-140 is not a bad idea in Florida.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To those who have put in the syncroshift II, did it help with 3rd gear lockout at high rpm & load? I assume this is nearly all shifter related, but wondering if there's a notable improvement just from the fluid change. Thanks.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
To those who have put in the syncroshift II, did it help with 3rd gear lockout at high rpm & load? I assume this is nearly all shifter related, but wondering if there's a notable improvement just from the fluid change. Thanks.
Unable to comment on that, Barton and X-Pipe was done when the car was a few weeks old. My second day of ownership, first dry day driving the car after waiting 8 months after placing the order, third gear lockout outs everytime. Barton solved that 100% and lowered NVH.

I know others feel the stock shifter works fine, but if I can't hammer every gear in a new car it isn't going to work for me.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unable to comment on that, Barton and X-Pipe was done when the car was a few weeks old. My second day of ownership, first dry day driving the car after waiting 8 months after placing the order, third gear lockout outs everytime. Barton solved that 100% and lowered NVH.

I know others feel the stock shifter works fine, but if I can't hammer every gear in a new car it isn't going to work for me.
That's what I expected. I just had one lockout this morning and got to thinking about it. Fluid swap will probably happen this coming weekend.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i haven't missed 3rd once since having the MGW. i did both these mods at the same time, so i also can't tell ya what the fluid only does. but what i can tell ya is i'll never have one of these without an aftermarket shifter

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring and say I did the trans flush this past weekend, no more 5th gear notchy shifts at all.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I am planning to do this fluid change over the winter while my car is stored. I have a GTPP and the trans is the jerkiest thing i have ever driven (27,xxx miles of having to apologize to anyone who rides in my car). I had my first opportunity to drive an ecoboost manual today and the shift feel is night and day! My question is, has anyone else with a trans fluid swapped GT manual also driven a stock Eco manual to provide a comparison? I can't get back behind the wheel of my car and its crappy shifting knowing how great it could be!
Pull out the clutch spring. 3.73's +No Pedal Feel = Jerky shifting. Eco boost has the same transmission. Your issue won't be fixed with fluid.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Damn. Pulled the clutch spring over 24,000 miles ago and it helped some but not enough. Starting to think maybe i have a bad trans then.
i would've guessed it was the spring too, then saw your sig. that sucks man, i was all over the place...lookin like a noob, until i got the steeda spring.
Sponsored