Sponsored

GT350 IM & PMAS CAI

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What do you need to make these two work together? And does anyone sell a package for the two together? Thanks.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
What do you need to make these two work together? And does anyone sell a package for the two together? Thanks.
you should be able to stretch the couple over the end if your doing the tb too, if stock tb should go right on

pmas could also send a larger coupler as well

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have both and you don't need anything extra besides the throttle body spacer if you are using the stock gt throttle body.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You need a tune and possibly a stock throttle body adapter if you want to run the stock throttle body on the GT350 manifold. Other than that you will need an evap extension harness or to extend the wires. JDM sells a complete install kit with instructions for about $75. Pmas throttle body coupler will have to be cut down about half an inch at the throttle body side of you use the adapter and stock throttle body because you are making the throttle body stick out another half an inch which makes the intake tube stick out another half an inch which can make the tube lightly contact the hood when trying to close it.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

Ugly but it works.
I also went with the over priced JDM install kit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the replies, I'm either going to pair the PMAS with the Holley or gt350 IM. The Holley is nicer looking.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Ugly but it works.
Man too true. No engine cover, stock coolant reservoir, and that fugly PMAS...

A lot of power there though, and that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Ugly but it works.
I also went with the over priced JDM install kit.
I'll be running that exact setup as soon as I get my GT350 intake manifold. Looks under my hood be damned I want my car to be fast even if it won't win a best in show for engine bay looks lol.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I love how people are talking about how ugly the Pmas intake is and yet I haven't seen anyone call Mishimoto's silicone intake tube ugly. It looks like a alien stomach and yet it seems like a ton of people want it.
2ezgty0.png
:barf:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
What worries me, which is the only reason I wouldn't buy the tube, is the material. Looks soft like a radiator hose, will this thing deform or harden with heat and time?

...and the alien stomach of course. Honestly, it seems like a very functional idea, I just can't imagine having a soft CAI tube.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That material will not deform. It doesn't look any worse than the accordian that comes int he cars. And if you get it in black, it won't look so bad. But does that actually provide a benefit (just replacing with a smoother tube), especially price to hp value ratio? Meh...

PMAS (and Steeda) made it a point to slap up dyno graphs and people with those intakes also posted dyno graphs and proved those do something. I've been stupid enough to buy replacement tubes on previous cars and they did nothing but create drony air sucking noise and in one vehicle measurably reduce TQ.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The PMAS intake itself isn't ugly. It's the "airbox" part. I've seen it in person. Looks like it's hand carved. If that could be improved, it'd be a work of art. If I had the 3D modeling and 3D printing capabilities, I would make a better airbox. And slap my logo all over it like Airaid does because I can...

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I love how people are talking about how ugly the Pmas intake is and yet I haven't seen anyone call Mishimoto's silicone intake tube ugly. It looks like a alien stomach and yet it seems like a ton of people want it.
2ezgty0.png
:barf:
Don't be so defensive. :lol: There are a lot of pictures of the PMAS floating around, and a lot of people have never even seen the Mishimoto intake, so of course the PMAS is going to receive more negative commentary on its appearance. It's a good-performing intake that just happens to lack aesthetic appeal.
Sponsored