Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
...it's the science behind the air flow.

xo1fkm.png
Talking of which, I've just ordered one of these from you and was about to order a Velossa Tech Big Mouth, but comparing the PMAS with the stock system it seems like there's going to be quite a gap from the PMAS box to the grill.

Is that right and a Big Mouth is in no way compatible/redundant with this system as the PMAS is just sucking air in through that hole in the pic above or have I missed something along the way?
Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here are some points for you with a few pluses and stars.

.... ++++ ****

Now you have a lot of internet points. Enjoy them. And here are some compliments to help stroke that ego of yours.

"Thanks for your wisdom! WOW! You're smart! Man, I'm glad you informed me of that! You tell them! Good job! I agree with you!! You were right and I was wrong, I'm sorry bro!"

And I further pronounce you internet king and forum emperor. Thanks for protecting the board with your infinite 30 years of wisdom. May we all aspire to be just as smart!!
Just ignore Mustang guy he's an Internet Troll/keyboard warrior at its finest.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Talking of which, I've just ordered one of these from you and was about to order a Velossa Tech Big Mouth, but comparing the PMAS with the stock system it seems like there's going to be quite a gap from the PMAS box to the grill.

Is that right and a Big Mouth is in no way compatible/redundant with this system as the PMAS is just sucking air in through that hole in the pic above or have I missed something along the way?
Yep the velossatech will not do anything with the PMAS intake. They don't use the snorkel that runs out to the front that would meet the the velossatech part.

Nick said in testing that they lost power adding the snorkel in every scenario so they just scrapped it.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
LOL, I swear I come across someone like him on every forum and Facebook page...EVERY one. The guy who claims he's too old for this or that and has been working on cars since the 1920s and claims he doesn't take people's nonsense and he tells it like it is and he isn't here to be friends and yada yada. I swear word for word verbatim they all say the same things and act the same ways. Its like there is one person who has multiple accounts on every forum who just patrols the boards all day looking to start a fight so he can roll his typical statement off his tongue about how cool he is and how he tells people off, lol!! People like that don't bother me at all. I've dealt with enough of them to predict exactly what they're gonna say and when they'll say it.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
mustang_guy is one of the more knowledgeable and prolific posters around here. "Troll" is not a word that I'd use to describe him.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Sounds good so far. I like the fact that PMAS is claiming the CAI itself does not have diminished returns when coupled with a tune. I've noticed that some other brands that are both tune/non tune show less return from the CAI after tuning which means to me they are fudging the original non tune numbers or their CAI's become restrictive after a tune. :shrug:

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
This is what I've gathered...the no-tune version includes a MAF and is $100 more expensive than the tune version. The tune version doesn't include a MAF and it is cheaper. I have a few questions tho...

1- Would a tune version with a custom tune outperform the no-tune version?
2- Would the non-tuned version work with a canned tune from SCT or DS? Not a canned CAI tune, just a regular canned 93 octane tune?

3- Do you have pics of the tune version looks like? I'm assuming the tune version would be missing the MAF box on the non-tune version and would instead have a slot for the stock MAF to go into. Is that correct?

4- Any special pricing or deals going on right now?
5- Can the non-tuned version be tuned?
6- Is the MAF on the non-tuned version adjustable for bigger injectors or adjustable at all?

Thanks for the info.

5. Yes, you would just tune it using the oem maf data, just like the oem intake was still attached.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang_guy is one of the more knowledgeable and prolific posters around here. "Troll" is not a word that I'd use to describe him.
I deal with people like him all the time. People who think that their knowledge or experience or age gives them a right to disrespect and berate people. I know how to deal with people like that because there is one everywhere and I been in this game for a long time. Eventually, once they realize they can't upset you or get a rise out of you, they'll go their way.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I deal with people like him all the time. People who think that their knowledge or experience or age gives them a right to disrespect and berate people. I know how to deal with people like that because there is one everywhere and I been in this game for a long time. Eventually, once they realize they can't upset you or get a rise out of you, they'll go their way.
Im not trying to get a rise out of you. You have me pegged wrong. I have no reason to deceive you. Im just blunt. You dont like it, ignore me. Like i said i dont have it out for you. Ive been doing the car thing for over 3 decades. Couldnt care how long youve been doing it. Unless youre near 50 you have nothing on me. You are horrible at reading people.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5. Yes, you would just tune it using the oem maf data, just like the oem intake was still attached.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. This is a nice looking intake. I am considering buying it just for my own testing purposes. I saw that there were some issues with it that were resolved and it seems to be on par with the better performing intakes on the market. Gonna check out that 86 page thread to see some more info later. Thanks again.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Wow.. a lot of clutter in my for sale thread... This thread was posted to show the intake and that WE (UPR) offer it. Do not clutter it with asking who has the best price or PM me. You can call us for pricing if you would like or do not agree with the MAP listed. If people want to argue, make your own thread.

im guessing he wants it cheaper than the price you are offering..do you have them in stock?
Then make a new post asking for all vendors.

Thanks.

Anyone here selling this PMAS CAI? Are there any special pricing or discounts available at this time? Please PM me. Thanks.
We are selling. I posted the thread. You can call us at 561-588-6630

lol..this thread went downhill fast. oh, and if you read the thread, heres a hint, read the FIRST POST..thats a vendor selling them. why is this so difficult for you?
Yahtzee!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Wow.. a lot of clutter in my for sale thread... This thread was posted to show the intake and that WE (UPR) offer it. Do not clutter it with asking who has the best price or PM me. You can call us for pricing if you would like or do not agree with the MAP listed. If people want to argue, make your own thread.
Yea, it's a shame some posters here have no respect for other people's threads, or care that this is how you make a living. What you guys have tried to do with airflow is among the more impressive efforts in the Mustang modding community, and don't think there aren't people here who are grateful.

Kind of hoping a mod will come in here and clean this noise up.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Then make a new post asking for all vendors.

We are selling. I posted the thread. You can call us at 561-588-6630

Yahtzee!
Thanks for the info. To be clear, my original post was asking several questions related to how the CAI operates. Among those questions I asked if there was any special pricing. I didn't ask FOR a discount, I just wanted to know if there WERE any available. A lot of times vendors use threads like these to offer discount codes. My asking that BTW led to me being informed that there was a discount code available. So I do not feel bad asking that among my other questions. But keeping this related to this CAI, there are a few things I noticed that I have to question. I will do so later. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll be reading the 86 page thread.
Sponsored