rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
kicker, while the mag ride is a great addition I wonder sometimes if it makes that much difference for folks like us that want a nice riding weekend, nice weather driver. The bride didn't opt for it on her '18 GT premium Vert, and the car is a great ride, smooth and quiet. I suggest if possible drive one without to see is it's suitable. If it is, like Spork said, look to the safe & smart package for the money you saved. I am really impressed at how the system set up correctly (aid only with no beeps, buzzers, or chimes) is non intrusive, and just goes about it's business. In my little mind the blind spot, and cross traffic detectors are the best thing since sliced bread. Of course this is just my opinion, and we know what they say about opinions. :) Whichever way you go you're gonna love the car I assure you.
Had Mageride on my ZL1. While it was a great novelty for a while the reality is that I kept it in touring mode 95% of time. Sure sport mode helps at the track but like anything it is a compromise. For the GT I chose to take the money and setup the suspension the why I want it for mild track days and street driving. This way the handling characteristics are a constant and the limits you learn don't change. Get your desired springs, dampers, IRS lockout, and you're off to the races. There is a lot of good reading on the choices for your particular setup.

FWIW,

Rob
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires on the PP2 are basically street-legal racing tires with poor daily driving capabilities (conpared to the Pilot Sports 4S on the PP1) due to SOFT tread and the fact that every little rock is going to stick to them. The suspension is also tuned differently on the PP2, more “harsh” compared to the PP1. The PP2 also does not allow for the new A10 transmission.
Fixed. The tread is plenty thick.

There is zero point to getting the PP2 unless you plan on tracking it. The PP1 is a great street brawler and the tires will actually last more than 29 feet out of the dealership lot.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Fixed. The tread is plenty thick.

There is zero point to getting the PP2 unless you plan on tracking it. The PP1 is a great street brawler and the tires will actually last more than 29 feet out of the dealership lot.
If your goal is to go fast in a straight line, definitely, but then you also want the a10. If you prefer to push the limits of lateral acceleration, you can't beat a PP2 unless you go gt350 .

OP
OP

Kicker56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Since you have a Raptor I'm curious why you're not considering a '19 GT-350. I know you said that you'll never take it to a track, but the Raptor is the ultimate F-150 so why not have the GT-350 to go with it?!
Actually considering a ‘17 or ‘18 GT-350 in LB too match the Raptor. Keep going back and forth if I want to spend the extra $15-$20K for it. My neighbor has a ‘17 and that makes me want one every time it starts up.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I have a 301A PP2. The only other options I got were active exhaust and Recaro seats. The Recaros are more or less a personal preference. The active exhaust to me is perfect. The Magneride may be an expensive maintenance option down the road, but well worth it to me. If I had it to do all over, I wouldn't change a thing.
Bear in mind that if you get the Recaro's, you lose all power adjust ability...this is truly a track opton in these cars :frusty:

Sponsored

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
Can you turn off the items included on the 2019 Safe and Smart package?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Can you turn off the items included on the 2019 Safe and Smart package?
Yes, you can turn off lane keep assist with a button on the stock that controls your high beams, you can disable ACC to make it regular cruise control in the vehicle settings, turn off auto high beams, disable automatic wiper blades, etc.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Actually considering a ‘17 or ‘18 GT-350 in LB too match the Raptor. Keep going back and forth if I want to spend the extra $15-$20K for it. My neighbor has a ‘17 and that makes me want one every time it starts up.
The sound of the voodoo is intoxicating, but the 18 with active exhaust is pretty damn sweet too. Do yourself a favor and test drive one. It might make that $20k decision a little easier to make.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
The sound of the voodoo is intoxicating, but the 18 with active exhaust is pretty damn sweet too. Do yourself a favor and test drive one. It might make that $20k decision a little easier to make.
Then again [MENTION=18090]Competition Orange[/MENTION] just got a killer deal on a 350 in Ohio, so maybe some more searching...

Sponsored

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My opinion for what it is worth...

I ordered my 18 Premium GT convertible in Feb. Took delivery in early June. The car was going to be a summer weekend cruiser for my wife and I. Its a 401A, Auto, BLIIS, Shaker, Smart&Safe, 19 inch premium painted wheels...basically the car is loaded except for the active exhaust, magnaride, and the PP

I didn't order this car to take the to track or drag strip. I just wanted something fun to drive around in and have never owned a convertible before and I loved the new refresh for the 2018 model. I have the garage space to keep the car in over the winter and I have no plans on ever selling the car to 'trade up'. I rarely buy new cars and the last new one I bought was a Camaro in 2001. My Mustang truly is a weekend toy.

From what I have heard about the Magnaride, it doesn't sound like something you would really use on the street. If you plan on taking the car around on the race track I could see going for this option, but I feel that it is completely unnecessary and overkill for a car that I just plan to drive around town. I've also heard horror stories of how expensive it is for shocks/struts on magnaride cars (i.e. Cadillacs etc..) maybe someone can chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong..but I;ve heard prices north of $3,000

I didn't opt for the active exhaust. The stock exhaust has enough of a rumble for me and sounds great with the top down when I put my foot on the gas. I can see why a lot of people would get this option and it sounds great in all the youtube videos I've seen, but just wasn't for me. Just something else to break or not work right years down the road.

Wasn't interested in the PP as you're stuck with black rims. I like black rims on a black car, but any other color just doesn't look right to me. If my plans for my car included heavy track use, I would have jumped on PP and changed the wheels.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
We tried all 4 variants of the convertibles when we were shopping for a daily driver: EB and GT with and without MR. My wife ultimately *insisted* on the GT with MR because it provided a noticeably smoother, sure footed ride. She also wanted the active exhaust for the quiet mode.

So, oh darn, I had to get a GT PP1 MR active exhaust ‘vert. :cheers:

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
All just IMHO of course-

Premium GT 10R80 of course.

I wish I had MRC because my last car had it. However, I will say the PP1 package does a great job overall.

Active exhaust helped sell the car. My wife loves quiet heck I like quiet until I get out of the neighborhood. We have ours to always start in Quiet.

401a seemed pretty expensive for what you get.

I have Nav but would skip.

Safety package is worth it.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Just to add on to this thread, does anyone regret not getting the 401a?