Those buying a 2017, why not a 2018?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What's your thoughts on if 2018 is a nice refresh? Also, the 2017 will be cheaper if you wait until 2018 is unveiled or in the spring 2017. Is a current 2016 a more practical purchase with what we know?

The current front end is my least favorite part of the mustang. Thank goodness is grew on me.

What if the 2020 next gen is nicer? :headbonk:
:cheers:
Sponsored

Austind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium - PP Lightening Blue
I went to the dealer in May to order a 2016. Was told could only order the 17's and they'd start production in June or July. I could settle for a car without all the options I wanted or order a 2017 site unseen. Maybe a little reckless, as the Lightening Blue was the color I ordered and they couldn't show me what it was going to look like.
If I waited for the refresh, it would have been another full year and some change. no patients for that!
I know I spent a little more for the 17 than I should have. The dealer would do nothing beyound the X-plan pricing, but I am very happy with my car.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
It took me a while to really accept and like the 2015-2017 Mustang front end. I think the rear and side of the car is just about perfect. The front end had to grow on me. I am afraid the 2018, 2019 Mustang will not look as nice as the 2015-2017. I fear the Mustang will go too much Evos for my liking. Not to mention the car gets more expensive every year. 10 speed auto will only add to the steep price that we already pay in Europe.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Ever since I first saw the S550 I have wanted one. It is one of the best looking cars in recent history. This was also the first car that I liked the look of the latest generation immediately. Usually it takes me a while to like the current generation of a car and when I do they end up coming out with a different look on the next generation.

A month ago I bought a 2016 instead of a 2017 because I found what I wanted and the 60 months, 0% financing saved be $3600 over a 2017. I did not want to wait until 2018 and feared I would not like the new look. Plus, life is short and it ain't a dress rehearsal, so get busy living or slowly keep dying.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Huge aftermarket support for the current version. They will end up face lifting the exterior a bit and reworking the engine so it's even longer of a wait to mod it until they come out with all new products. Also not sure if it would be worth the wait just to turn out that I don't like the refresh.

BrandonMc21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS
I'm buying a 2017 because I love how the current mustang looks, plus I know I can get a Grabber blue California special. The fact that I don't know if they will offer that next year is a big reason, and if they did, would I still like how it looks? I don't want to wait a year and miss out on what I want.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Bought a 2017 b/c I really don't think i'd get this kind of deal on a 2018. I'd expect the prices to hike up a bit.

Almost bought a Camaro1SS in 2014 for the same price as my 2017. Now look at Camaro prices :eyebulge:

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I am waiting for the 2018 reveal to decide. Timing can be an issue, sometimes people cannot wait as they need to buy now. For me timing is perfect to allow me to see and decide before 2017 goes out of production, or to wait even longer and get a leftover 2017 at a huge discount with dealers making room for 2018's.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am waiting for the 2018 reveal to decide. Timing can be an issue, sometimes people cannot wait as they need to buy now. For me timing is perfect to allow me to see and decide before 2017 goes out of production, or to wait even longer and get a leftover 2017 at a huge discount with dealers making room for 2018's.
I totally agree! I think one benefit to a 2017 right now is that you can build it to spec. I have never done that and I don't really see the point. I guess its sort of inter-active. I'm always happy with manual, color and leather.
:cheers:

Sponsored

Furious D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/PP
Two words. Grabber Blue :lol:

I initially purchased a 2016 EB but that lead to a buyback from Ford. I would've replaced it with another 2016 in Magnetic had GB not returned.

I debated just waiting on 2018 information but figured it wasn't worth it if I end up not liking the ascetics of the '18. If I do, I have several years to enjoy my '17 before I replace it.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
I like the 2017.

There is always going to be a "What if next year?" you buy a 2018, well why not wait until 2019... and so on.

When you find something you like, why worry about what the future may be. I won't suddenly like my car any less when something newer comes out.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
When will the information on the 2018 Mustang changes be available?
I suspect we'll hear nothing until Ford launches the car at a major show......LA later this year, or Detroit in January :)

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I like the 2017.

There is always going to be a "What if next year?" you buy a 2018, well why not wait until 2019... and so on.

When you find something you like, why worry about what the future may be. I won't suddenly like my car any less when something newer comes out.
True, major changes are less than 6 months away from an announcement standpoint. If you need a ride now, I get it, but no downside in seeing what is in store for spring.
Sponsored