Sponsored

FRPP Axle Back and Cat Back Exhaust Installation Instructions (2015 Mustang GT)

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is our first DIY thanks to our friends at Ford Racing Performance Parts.

Installation instructions for:

• 2015 Mustang GT - FRPP Axle Back Exhaust System (Part No. M-5230-M8SC, M8TC)

• 2015 Mustang GT - FRPP Cat Back Exhaust System (Part No. M-5200-M8SC, M8TC, M8SB, M8TB)
DSC05765.jpg

DSC05766.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone explain why someone would prefer to buy an axle-back over a cat-back? Aside from cost.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Cause depending on the dealer and the tech rep it might become a warranty issue. For example when i had my ls3 camaro one member in the camaro5 forum got his powertrain warrenty work denied due to after market catback system, their claim was catback adding hp to the engine which i call bs however if the owner had only swapped the axleback then he would have been fine. Anyways it all depends on the dealer and the tech rep and this void warranty issue has been discussed enough in every car forum.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The warranty would stay intact with any Ford Racing Performance Part as long as it is installed at a FRPP dealer. This is how I understand it. I think technically the OEMs can't void a warranty unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure. This has been talked in length in other threads and most users have said you will spend more money fighting in court then to fix your car.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Can anyone explain why someone would prefer to buy an axle-back over a cat-back? Aside from cost.
I'm seriously considering doing an axle back because I do not want any drone, and all the various threads on cat backs have convinced me that you tend to get some drone after removing the resonator. I think it does more to stop drone than folks realize. If I can get that good deep tone with an axle back, and not be as loud as the cat back, with no drone, then that is what I want. The Magnaflow, Flowmaster and FR axle backs all sound pretty darn good from what I can tell from the videos.

Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Has anyone added the Lethal Performance "H" Pipe resonator delete and this Axle Back muffler? I have not seen that setup yet.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone added the Lethal Performance "H" Pipe resonator delete and this Axle Back muffler? I have not seen that setup yet.
You will see it on my car because that is what I am doing....if I ever get my car! :)