Bumper Cover Replacement Options

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
[MENTION=17997]fordsvtparts[/MENTION] I got rear ended and replacing the bumper cover might be cheaper than fixing it, could you help me out here?

I have a Premium, which comes with this bumper cover at $315:

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...-fr3z17k835ba/?c=aT1KQzE1ODcwNSZyPWxheWVyXzE=

BUT - I have an aftermarket diffuser which requires me to remove the Premium diffuser. So would I be able to use GT350 bumper cover? I believe the clip insert areas are the same it's just cheaper because it doesn't include the Premium diffuser i'd have to cut off again. Comes in at $227:

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...-fr3z17k835ac/?c=aT1KQzE1ODc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzE=

Do you know if the GT Valance panel with fit into the gt350 cover? Thanks!
Sponsored

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
I thinka GT350 bumper would work. Maybe check with the company who made the diffuser, but I'd think it should work. Also, I'm guessing your current bumper cover does not have reverse sensors?

You may want to check with the local guys on price. They'll want a GT350 VIN or a part number ((FR3Z-17K835-AC), but it may actually be cheaper than buying ours at a discount, but then paying to ship to California. There's also a core on most of these bumpers as well, they'll want the old one back.

OP
OP
furiousfuria

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I thinka GT350 bumper would work. Maybe check with the company who made the diffuser, but I'd think it should work. Also, I'm guessing your current bumper cover does not have reverse sensors?

You may want to check with the local guys on price. They'll want a GT350 VIN or a part number ((FR3Z-17K835-AC), but it may actually be cheaper than buying ours at a discount, but then paying to ship to California. There's also a core on most of these bumpers as well, they'll want the old one back.
picture.jpg

The diffuser should fit fine, it fits into the GT Valence panel - it's the GT Valence panel fitting into the clip holes on the gt350 one I would need to worry about. What are the chances most shops have gt350 bumper covers laying around? I can call a few places!

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!

Gray8188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.

What would be the cost of a GT350 rear bumper and GT350 diffuser shipped to 34653? Want to do one on my base gt at some point.

Sponsored

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
599.89 for the diffuser
210.16 for the bumper cover.

Shipping can run $200+ depending on the shipping method. It would be a matter of getting both items together & see if they'll go Fed Ex. Otherwise we'd send the items on a pallet via truck freight.

Thanks
Mike R

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Do u guys have any way of repairing the front bumper cover clips,I had a friend have one break and his cover won't snap into the fender.Be a shame to have to buy a whole new cover just because of a plastic clip.

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
Nothing I can think of off hand for this particular fix, other than the good 3M bumper repair. It may be worth a shot.
Sponsored