Sponsored

PP2 filter replacement

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Hey all,
Has anyone looked into replacing the PP2 filter element with a cleanable version from K&N? Wondering if anyone has done this and what your experience was. Looks like there are lots of universal fit sizes on the K&N website but it would be interesting to compare air flow rates.

Apologies if this is old news - I tried searching but nothing came up :cheers:
Sponsored

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Hey all,
Has anyone looked into replacing the PP2 filter element with a cleanable version from K&N? Wondering if anyone has done this and what your experience was. Looks like there are lots of universal fit sizes on the K&N website but it would be interesting to compare air flow rates.

Apologies if this is old news - I tried searching but nothing came up :cheers:
Wouldn't recommend it, the minor increase in flow is negated by the sacrifice in filtration that you'll get from the K&N filter. I've had an oil analysis done before and after installing a K&N filter and the after report showed a significant increase in silicon. It's not worth the 2-3 peak horsepower.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wouldn't recommend it, the minor increase in flow is negated by the sacrifice in filtration that you'll get from the K&N filter. I've had an oil analysis done before and after installing a K&N filter and the after report showed a significant increase in silicon. It's not worth the 2-3 peak horsepower.
Agree 100%. Keep your OEM setup and wait for bigger mods.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good to know! I wasn’t expecting any real gains, it was more the serviceable filter that was attractive. Considering the PP1 kit comes with a K&N panel filter it seemed like a reasonable idea. Appreciate the input!

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm running an Airaid filter on my PP2. Don't remember the part number but it's the same one a GT350 would use.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Same here. I bought the Ford Performance version, which is the airaid. It’s washable, but not oiled.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9601-G

If you shop around you can find it for around $75 shipped. The Airaid part number is 863-399. The FP version ships in an FP outer box and an airaid inner box.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. I bought the Ford Performance version, which is the airaid. It’s washable, but not oiled.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9601-G

If you shop around you can find it for around $75 shipped. The Airaid part number is 863-399. The FP version ships in an FP outer box and an airaid inner box.
Looks good, I may go this route. Good info - thanks!

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT