Sponsored

R wing mounting bracket on underside of trunk lid??

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Hat tip to straightliner1 for the info and pics on this one...

Anyone ever run down this little bracket that is on the underside of the trunk lid and appears to be used to stiffen the two outside mounting screws for the R rear wing?

I'm adding a Carbon2Carbon wing to my car and was thinking that if Ford thought this was necessary, maybe I should try and source a pair for my car. If not available, I'll just TIG up something similar on my own, but would really like to get the OEM stuff.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I made nylon spacers for the outer bolt when I mounted my wing, it's been over a year and 13K miles and they work just fine.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Chris, I too ordered a C2C R wing. It looks as though the brackets are not available as a separate part but rather can only be sourced if you purchase the wing from Ford.
R model wing brackets from Ford.jpg

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That parts schematic is exactly what I was looking for to validate the fact that the wing is listed as a "kit" on most parts websites - so I presumed it came with those brackets.

The OEM brackets appear to be cast. Although I could make a similar piece out of formed flat stock and a little TIG welding, if a benevolent R owner is interested in a little proposition and would loan me the two pieces for a short while, I can get molds made and cast up a bunch.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That parts schematic is exactly what I was looking for to validate the fact that the wing is listed as a "kit" on most parts websites - so I presumed it came with those brackets.

The OEM brackets appear to be cast. Although I could make a similar piece out of formed flat stock and a little TIG welding, if a benevolent R owner is interested in a little proposition and would loan me the two pieces for a short while, I can get molds made and cast up a bunch.
I'm sure 3D printing it with CF filament would work well too

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've confirmed that these brackets are cast aluminum and not available separately, nor do they have any markings or part numbers embossed on them.
Sponsored