Sponsored

Gas station car washes

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
So I have made two trips up I-5 North to Sac. I killed a lot of bugs, if you have to bring your car to a gas station drive through wash, which one do you use? I would prefer brush less and also South Bay Area mainly, South San Jose. I live in an apartment complex who don't let us do shit to cars.
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No no no no no no no no no no no no no x1000000 If you value your paint, go to a self wash coin operated car wash. Take a bucket and a wash mitt (two buckets is preferable but you could get away with one.) rinse the car with the pressure washer, then coat the car in soap and let it sit for 30 seconds or so, re rinse the car then add more soap to it, use your bucket and wash mitt to wash the car top to bottom, rinse again then dry using a drying microfiber towel and a detail spray or spray wax. Will cost you less than a drive through wash and will be much much safer for your paint.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
The Chevron station by me has a touchless carwash. I've used it probably 5 times for my vehicles and had good luck. I'm pretty far north of you, but you might be able to find something similar.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The Chevron station by me has a touchless carwash. I've used it probably 5 times for my vehicles and had good luck. I'm pretty far north of you, but you might be able to find something similar.
I've tried a few of those on my mom's car, not nearly as bad as the touch ones but will still damage your paint. Keep in mind these are very small contained units and they re use water, especially in California, so if the water isn't filtered properly it could be shooting pressurized dirt particles at your paint. Also being touchless the soaps it uses are much more harsh, and could strip your wax/sealants. If your car is white you will likely not notice the damage for quite some time. If your car is black or a dark color, I promise you will notice the damage within a few washes.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I've tried a few of those on my mom's car, not nearly as bad as the touch ones but will still damage your paint. Keep in mind these are very small contained units and they re use water, especially in California, so if the water isn't filtered properly it could be shooting pressurized dirt particles at your paint. Also being touchless the soaps it uses are much more harsh, and could strip your wax/sealants. If your car is white you will likely not notice the damage for quite some time. If your car is black or a dark color, I promise you will notice the damage within a few washes.
You'll do donuts in the sand in Borrego Springs but worry about a gas-station car wash? :D:p;)

Sponsored

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
I'm in burlingame, where is the touchless and how much?