Sponsored

Xpipe Question

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Sup Guys, Got a quick question, My Xpipe has been giving me a lot of drone lately.

I was thinking what if I take it off and put two straight pipes?
Would that give me less drone or more?
Or just weld the stock resonator back on?
Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Two straight pipes would lose you a lot of horsepower because the engine would lose the scavenging effect of the exhaust pulses through the xpipe - though not sure how much. Also, not sure whether that would solve your problem at all.

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ingot silver mustang v6
That's the answer to your drone. The flowmaster 40 series is what's doing it. Honestly any exhaust will have drone just some people can tolerate it more than others. But if you want less drone I'd recommend getting a different axelback. Idk what's out there but roush doesn't drone that bad. Barely hear the drone. Don't go flowmaster outlaws.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
That's the answer to your drone. The flowmaster 40 series is what's doing it. Honestly any exhaust will have drone just some people can tolerate it more than others. But if you want less drone I'd recommend getting a different axelback. Idk what's out there but roush doesn't drone that bad. Barely hear the drone. Don't go flowmaster outlaws.
Appreciate the help!. its cuz I would here drone inside so I didn't think it would be the mufflers. I thought it was the xpipe because its very close to the cabin!

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea an xpipe would actually make the tone a bit more high pitch and raspy. And hpipe makes it deeper. Did you do the mid-pipe first then get the axelbacks

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Yeah... I almost pulled the string on flow masters and glad I didn't! I don't know much but would an H-pipe set-up sound better than an X on roush?

Asking because soon I plan to start my exhaust build!

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah... I almost pulled the string on flow masters and glad I didn't! I don't know much but would an H-pipe set-up sound better than an X on roush?

Asking because soon I plan to start my exhaust build!
Honestly it depends on what you're going for. The roush are loud in general. But the xpipe will give it a louder pitch and somewhat raspy. An hpipe would make it sound deeper and give you some drone. Don't quote me but a roush with hpipe would sound like the flowmasters outlaw alone but louder

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Swap out the muffers. I have a x and roush, and theres litterally no drone...if there is any it doesnt bother me. Do not..i repeat do not do seperate straight pipes. It sounds lerrible and you will loose power. Speaking from personal experience

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Swap out the muffers. I have a x and roush, and theres litterally no drone...if there is any it doesnt bother me. Do not..i repeat do not do seperate straight pipes. It sounds lerrible and you will loose power. Speaking from personal experience
How loud does your set-up get? I know you don't have any drive by videos but I seen a same set-up difference was h-pipe I'm contemplating between X or H really hard lol

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
When cruizing its very very quiet. Pretty much cant hear it with windows up unless your going up a hill. As you load it it starts singing...but its super quiet during cruize. H pipes sound to harsh and rough to me

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Whatever you guys do..dont use the flowmaster x. Use the SR x for the gt from AM. Super cheap well made and just needs to be welded in on the aft connections

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
My v6 setup right now is straight pipe with resonators as mufflers people here on canafa love it
Sponsored